Howdy Ya'll/Light Spectrum Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy Bagseed

Reaction score
Hello everyone and special Thanks to whoever started this helpful forum.
Light Spectrum Question

I'm in the middle of my first grow. I switched to the 12/12 schedule today. I have two 1000W Sunraise LED lights above six plants. Sunraise has a VEG switch and a Bloom switch. The Veg is blue/white spectrum and of course, the Bloom is red/white. I germinated and seeded with blue/white only but I vegged with Veg and Bloom/ full spectrum for 8 weeks. My kwerstchun is DURING BLOOM cycle, should I continue with full spectrum; red/white/blue or switch to red/white only using the Bloom switch? Thanks for any advice.

bj

I agree with 2re. I believe I saw somewhere in literature in an LED that had the bloom and veg switch that they are designed to run both during flower. It makes sense since flowering requires more energy(1.5 to 2x more PPFD).

Found this on Amazon

18A4A1BA-1081-4061-A273-AF61C14FCF3C.png

Yes Sir, I have all the original manufacturer's info. Maybe I'm reading too much. I'm on another forum where the color, "Blurple", is an ugly word. Thanks for your help. Growin' Cannabis ain't like growin' maters.
Thanks Again!!
bj

Yes Sir, I have all the original manufacturer's info. Maybe I'm reading too much. I'm on another forum where the color, "Blurple", is an ugly word. Thanks for your help. Growin' Cannabis ain't like growin' maters.
Thanks Again!!
bj
Sorry. I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I just wasn’t sure if you had seen that. I know that manufacturers literature can be iffy at best and asking what others have experienced is usually best. As far as ‘blurple’ goes, these lights work. I will go white light LEDs at some point but for me, the cost-benefit isn’t there. I grow for me and friends not to make ends meet.

Sorry. I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I just wasn’t sure if you had seen that. I know that manufacturers literature can be iffy at best and asking what others have experienced is usually best. As far as ‘blurple’ goes, these lights work. I will go white light LEDs at some point but for me, the cost-benefit isn’t there. I grow for me and friends not to make ends meet.
Aw naw ... I didn't take it that way. I got you. All the info in the box seemed to refer to every plant except marijuana; social mores I suspect are the cause. I know someone who DID use miracle grow, about 20 years ago and I reckon he's still waitin' on 'em to bloom. I am ignorant of many things and I don't mind asking those who know. Thanks again for your help, OF8 ... bj

Cool. This is a fun, challenging and rewarding hobby. Gets kinda expensive sometimes too... ;)

Latest posts

Back