HPS Bulb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD466US

Reaction score
Okay, I have pieced together a 400w hps system by buying a Sun System Ballast on ebay and believe it or not I found a hood system at the local thrift shop for $10.Now what I need to do is get a bulb. I see that there are cheap ones and some that cost quite a few bucks.I guess what I want to know is what is the difference? I am not concerned about the cost but I want to make sure that I get one that is going to have the most effect. There are a couple of hydro shops in my area (I have a 6 plant Bubbler system that is vegging under CFL's right now) that have a wide variety of bulbs and of course Home Depot has a 400w bulb that is around $28.I will greatly appreciate it if someone can help me out.

The more expensive ones give off more of the spectrum than the yellow ones.
but..I never paid the Extra bucks as I was very satisfied with my 5-6 bucks a peice at e-conolight.com for my 250W HPS.
I think if you plan on vegging with an HPS too, I would consider getting the higher end bulbs to get some of the blue spectrum at least. Like the hortilux bulbs.

Latest posts

Back