Hps/mh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylow6988

Friendly Neighborhood PMP
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to know about my new light. I got a 400W with a switchable ballast. I was going to use one for veggie stage and then the other to flower. Or would it be better just to keep with one? I bought both bulbs with it. And I forgot what order, but I think it was start with the HPS for the veggie, and then when doing to switch to 12/12 go with the MH. But can't remember. But is there better results to be had this way? I am also consitering getting floros for seedlings, then adding them as sidelights when in use for the rest of the cycle. Think that would bring'em real nice. I don't like the bulbs I have been using for the lil ones.

Well, smoke another Huggy lol. After 15 minutes or research it seems that a MH will give me better results due to the broader spectrum of light. But, anything anyone want to add? :chuck:

Metal halide is supposedly better for vegatative growth, and may promote females, high pressure sodium is supposedly better for flowering stage. From what I understand if you choose to use one bulb full cycle, hps will provide better results. I also understand MH can be beneficial in first few weeks of flowering while they are still stretching. There are a few bulbs out there that include a broader range, combination of cool and warm, such as the Agrosun. StoneyBud uses one. If you really wanted, you could run both full cycle, Sun Systems makes a reflector to house 2 sockets, which I guess would be the best you could do next to outdoor.

Good Luck

I concur with Elephant man. I use MH light for veg and HPS for flowering.

Ravishing_68 said:
I concur with Elephant man. I use MH light for veg and HPS for flowering.

Oh ok, so I had it backwards. It's been over a year for me. But I'll be home soon:ccc: . I can't wait. Got all my plans. I'll share my progress with you guys. Thanz for the tip!

Latest posts

Back