HPS vs MH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DillaWilla

Reaction score
Just one question....I know based on everything Ive read that MH lights are better for vegging and HPS lights are better for flowering but the guy at the local hydro store told me that for a small operation someone would be just fine if they used a MH with a full spectrum bulb for both vegging and flowering (he said you should get much faster veg growth but only slightly diminished harvest yield this way) and vice versa with the HPS with full spectrum bulb (you get slower veg growth but slightly better harvest yield) He stated that manufacturers are doing this to allow people to have successful grows without needing multiple lights. Is there any truth to this because he sold me. I have been vegging my plants for 13 days and their doing great (except for the inital growth stunt because of distilled water). I have a 400 watt MH with the full spectrum bulb but I have always said I would buy an HPS when it comes time to flower, now I am wondering if I really need to. I am hoping someone who has flowered using both scenarios could answer my questions...By the way I am only growing for personal!!! Thanks for your help:D

dilla'..the full spectrum mh will suffice your op' just fine. Uless you plan to expand, a second light is nothing more than an added expense

Thanks for the prompt response Hick, that puts my mind and my wallet at ease...and by the way I love your avatar, isnt that the "Enzyte Guy"...natural male enhancement, LOL:D

Yeah it is HAHHAHAHA Hick wear did
you find that? Oh and I would go with
getting the MH bulb my brothers best
freid has 3 of them and it supports 12
plants just fine thats my input

I can't see that guy on TV now without thinking of Hick.

heee heee he..you should see the new found "respect" I'm recieving from the neighbors sheep...;)

Latest posts

Back