HTG canceled my order

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emuman

Reaction score
I recently ordered 2 400 watt hps ballast kits from htg, they called me to inform me that the kits would not be available for some time, so I decided to go with a 600 watt digital greenhouse hps light system, the guy said the 600 watt will produce about the same amount of lumens as the dual 400's, and cause its digital it should use about half the energy as the dual 400's,

does that seem right?

emuman said:
I recently ordered 2 400 watt hps ballast kits from htg, they called me to inform me that the kits would not be available for some time, so I decided to go with a 600 watt digital greenhouse hps light system, the guy said the 600 watt will produce about the same amount of lumens as the dual 400's, and cause its digital it should use about half the energy as the dual 400's,

does that seem right?

He lied, not so much about the lumens ~ 15000 less than the 400's

But while the digitals are more efficient it cant be less than 600 watts
400 mag ballasts run at about 457 watts.

Im sure your going to be real happy anyway and its easyer to mount, cool ect.

Search engine.

P.S
almost right

Call them man. Let him know if he wants your business, he needs to get things correct. He's way off. As a business owner, I would be crazy mad if one of our servers told the customer there was no onion in the French Onion soup. In this economy everybody wants there operation to be the best it can. Alot of owners are putting there own alias as a direct contact now.

nouvellechef said:
Call them man. Let him know if he wants your business, he needs to get things correct. He's way off. As a business owner, I would be crazy mad if one of our servers told the customer there was no onion in the French Onion soup. In this economy everybody wants there operation to be the best it can. Alot of owners are putting there own alias as a direct contact now.

its not like he actually said there was no onion in the French Onion soup
I guess it would be more like if he had said "the French Onion soup was made with leeks and scallions" but still I see your point, leeks and scallions do not a french onion soup make, however I dont think he was trying to sell me on false info, after I decided to go with the 600 watter it seemed like he was trying to say "personally Id go with a digital 600 vs two magnetic 400's"

the 2 400's will give you a bigger footprint, and put out more light...he was wrong.

How big is your space? Will a 600 give you the required lumens you need? Also what is the shape of your reflector vrs the sahpe of your space. For instance I have a 4'x4' space and had a rectangle shaped reflector, with a 600w. The light produced the lumens that I needed, but the reflector did not throw the footprint I needed to cover my whole canopy unless I moved the light like 18" above it. I ended up putting my 400w in with the 600w so that I could get my light down 8-10" away from my tops. Just some things to think about.

They're salesmen, of course they want to sell their products

A good salesman will sell a quality product for a marked up price. Quality sells....

You will have to look at the specs of both the 400w and the 600w with a digital ballast, but I could guess that the 600watt with a digital has more lumen output, while using only moderately more power.

good luck! either will do
destroyer

IMO, its all about your space, if the 600 watts fits the area properly your golden.

If you needed to cover the extra area with 2 lights or wanted to run 2 rooms
then obviously its a bad idea.

i would tell him since you can't give me what i ordered how about you just upgrade it to 2 600 watt ballast kits lol. I am not sure if they even have those i don't think so lol but you get my drift. I have always had really good experiences with tony, let him know you are unhappy with the way things are going down here and i am sure he will find a way to please everyone.:)

lowrydergrower775 said:
i would tell him since you can't give me what i ordered how about you just upgrade it to 2 600 watt ballast kits lol. I am not sure if they even have those i don't think so lol but you get my drift. I have always had really good experiences with tony, let him know you are unhappy with the way things are going down here and i am sure he will find a way to please everyone.:)

I have to agree with lowrydergrower775 here. I have found Tony at HTG to be very good to deal with. I would ask for him when you call and then go from there.

Latest posts

Back