HUGE NEWS in CALIFORNIA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
California Supreme Court strikes down limits on medical marijuana possession

January 21, 2010 | 11:50 am
The California Supreme Court today struck down the state's limits on how much medical marijuana a patient can possess, concluding that the restrictions imposed by the Legislature were an unconstitutional amendment of a 1996 voter-approved initiative.
The decision means that patients and caregivers with a doctor's recommendation to use marijuana can now possess as much as is "reasonably related to the patient's current medical needs," a standard that the court established in a 1997 decision.
"I'm very pleased. They gave us exactly what we wanted," said Gerald F. Uelmen, a law professor at Santa Clara University who argued the case for Patrick K. Kelly, a medical marijuana patient from Lakewood who was convicted of possession and cultivation. "This makes it very clear that all of the rights of patients under the Compassionate Use Act are fully preserved."
The initiative did not limit the amount of marijuana that a patient could possess or cultivate other than to require it be "personal medical purposes."

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/In 2003, the Legislature passed a law intended to clarify the initiative and give guidance to patients and law enforcement officials. The Legislature decided that patients could have up to 8 ounces of dried marijuana and grow as many as six mature or 12 immature plants. The law also allowed a patient to have more if a doctor stated that amount was insufficient.
The court concluded that those restrictions improperly amended the Compassionate Use Act, which was approved by voters and includes no provision that allows the Legislature to amend it.
-- John Hoeffel
hXXp://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-medical-marijuana-a-patient-can-possess.html

Does this mean that 2Dog's grow is going to get huge now? Hehe :)

You better not get what you wish for, guys. You might look back upon this period as the good old days. Once growing outdoors becomes widespread, pollen will be everywhere and the days of sinsemilla will be over, unless grown in a clean room facility. Doubt it? See what happens in Mexico and Morocco and other countries where MJ grows outside in large fields, males and females together, too many males to eliminate, and even if you could the ones in your neighbours grow drift into your plants.

leafminer said:
You better not get what you wish for, guys. You might look back upon this period as the good old days. Once growing outdoors becomes widespread, pollen will be everywhere and the days of sinsemilla will be over, unless grown in a clean room facility. Doubt it? See what happens in Mexico and Morocco and other countries where MJ grows outside in large fields, males and females together, too many males to eliminate, and even if you could the ones in your neighbours grow drift into your plants.
sensi will always live. who do you get your ideas from? we as humans have controlled almost everything for many years.....if the days of sensi ever came to a end it would have happened allready with all the years behind its existance.

Yeppers,

It's gonna happen soon enough now. and on that day I will not be surprised to smell it in the air everywhere I go. In fact there ought to be a mushroom cloud of pure Ganja float entirely across the states. LOL

I am feeling very happy for more than just that success, you see it's all about the idea that the general populous decided that they had just about had enough of a government that was getting abusive, greedy, and self-serving.

That is why it is so very important to know and understand our rights, and never give sway on them period...

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

Leafminer is absolutely correct... It has happened to me already and I don't even live where it is legal. There is alot of acreage all around where I live. My neighbors from down south come up here and grow all over a huge patch of state owned land that is about 1/4 mile away from me. I have had to quit growing outside because of the fact they just grow a lot of plants, both males and females. I have had to resort to growing in a very controlled enviroment just because I hate to pick seeds. This has made it signifigantly higher in price for me to produce the same amount of bud. Actually I cannot even come close to growing the same amount of bud indoors as I used to be able to grow outdoors. I am really afraid that even if it were to become legal for us all to grow, it would be in vain. Just because some, or most people that would take up cultivating would not have a clue and alot of them would grow a back yard full of males from some bag seed. It has already happened here, so I do not even try to grow outside any longer.

I already think most of my neighbores have gardens anyways lol...

I will take whatever negs come along with the freedom..
If I had to only grow indoors then so be it.. good news boys is that in the valley we dont get much wind..and havent you heard our bees are vanishing.. I see this as a positive.. Maybe greenhouses will become more common as well.

2Dog this really worries me actually, whats to keep cops from busting us and saying "we had more than our medical need".. It sounds to broad to me...

well mind my doc lets me have up to 6 pounds...but only 25 plants so in my mind I can grow more plants now since I am well under that weight?? or do you think that is pushing it? having made any decisions yet not enough light to do much more..dr told my hubby if we only ate it we could have much more and get away with it..doesnt really make sense to me..

I think this is more for the people who have only been doing 6 veg 6 flower...now they can really get going.

Im just looking forward to the November vote to regulate tax and legalize in california!

Super Skunk said:
Just because some, or most people that would take up cultivating would not have a clue and alot of them would grow a back yard full of males from some bag seed. It has already happened here, so I do not even try to grow outside any longer.

Well as time goes on and it does come legal for all to grow or just MMJ use, I would believe people would do there home work and take out the males as they grow as they learn.
There will be a gardener book on this at Walmart for all to understand someday....;)

I hope there is a book out at Wal-Mart soon. I too believe as time goes on many people would begin to "study up" on the subject of growing. I do not really mind growing indoors, It gives me the opprotunity to experiment in a more controlled enviroment. I would grow indoors if it means we can all enjoy our own smoke! Heck if it would become legal then I could possibly put on a little sex ed for the new growers at the local community building! I like to think that Cali. is really setting the stage for something much larger. So all you guys and gals in California, you are in the nations spotlight as far as marijuana laws.

If you listen close, you'll be able to hear me cheering for you folks in Calif. However, living in the mid-west, in a very MJ-unfriendly state, I just wish the age of enlightenment would hurry up and spill over on us.

making marijuana legal for anyone over 18 or 21 would have such a huge impact on the economy and jobs..just thinking about the tourism is awesome...

wmmeyer said:
If you listen close, you'll be able to hear me cheering for you folks in Calif. However, living in the mid-west, in a very MJ-unfriendly state, I just wish the age of enlightenment would hurry up and spill over on us.
It's not for everyone or every state. Cali is like your crazy friend that you live vicariously through. You wouldn't necessarily do the things they do, but it's fun to watch at times.

Latest posts

Back