HUGE security flaw in Internet Explorer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
84VW said:
Hick, i see you put up a Ubuntu pic

i just installed that on a friends pc yesterday
..yup.. LUV it! .. ALL FREE and ALL WORKS!!! I keep winblows on a seperate drive because my gps doesn't support linux. But I never use it for anything 'but' that.

Microsoft released a fix for it today, you can download it through Windows update.

The Effen Gee said:
Powerbook with windows XP service pack update 2.

Mozilla Firefox.

Delete IE IMMEDIATELY from your computer, save yourself the pain.

Even if you use Firefox you still need IE on your computer, and you need to keep it updated. The reason being that although you may not use IE to surf, other programs may use it to access the interweb. Deleting IE may cause problems with them. So I wouldn't recommend deleting IE, just don't use it.

Microsoft released a fix for it today, you can download it through Windows update.

...but does it "work"??? :( err just another ms placebo :D

RaoulDuke said:

Even if you use Firefox you still need IE on your computer, and you need to keep it updated. The reason being that although you may not use IE to surf, other programs may use it to access the interweb. Deleting IE may cause problems with them. So I wouldn't recommend deleting IE, just don't use it.

I deleted almost all of the components to IE and I have no problems other than a few plugins that refuse to install on firefox...

explorer has always been full of security holes.
If they can't build a secure browser,, what in the world are they doing trying to build operating systems..:confused2:

RaoulDuke said:

Even if you use Firefox you still need IE on your computer, and you need to keep it updated.

my OS doesnt come with IE and has no traces of it anywhere

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-vW-ohKSpM
Kinda' old, but pretty good summary imo... ;)

Latest posts

Back