Humidifier or dehumidifier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
Which would be most important in a grow tent or do you need both a humidifier and dehumidifier for different growth stages...or just one?

If one which one?

Depends on where you live. I don't think Boo needs a humidifier. I am in Colo which is high desert and my room sometimes gets down in the low 30's but my plants get used to it.

Low humidity doesn't seem to bother my plants but high humidity like over 60% or higher could cause PM or other kinds of mold. That only happens here in the spring for a couple of weeks usually. I turn all fans on high and ride it out. I have only had PM twice but it has been years. I guess I am lucky in that respect.

Last edited:
I live in the south and it's humid. I run a humidifier only in seedling stage, and in my drying tent to keep humidity at 60%.
I run a dehumidifier in flower to keep my humidity below 60%.

In time you may grab both just in case for when you need them the most.

I doubt you will need a humidifier in Maryland, even in the winter. The only exception might be for drying. I'm a bud drying heretic and use a food dehydrator, so I wouldn't know about that... I'm in VA, and RH in my shop where I grow is still above 40% tonight. The warmer tent and grow room are closer to 50%.

I do run a dehumidifier in the shop (not in the tent or grow room) during the summer and when it's raining. If you have AC you may not even need that. My portable AC doesn't dehumidify, though.

Latest posts

Back