Humidifier Water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Horse

Reaction score
Does the tap water for the humidifier have to sit out for a day or two, or can you put it right into the the humidifier and start, with out harming the plants.

i was wondering if i put nutes in it if it would hurt. nothing like a warm mist of nutes.

You don't need to boil the water. All that stuff will be left behind.
No nutrients either. begging for a mold problem in my opinion. Leave a jug of nutrients out in light in 2 days you got algae.
I have always been wary of putting steamer type humidifiers in my grow area. I never had the R/H go so low to warrant it. I have always had it at least 15%+

Mutt said:
I have always been wary of putting steamer type humidifiers in my grow area. I never had the R/H go so low to warrant it. I have always had it at least 15%+

Thas right, if it isn't broken... dont fix it. Especially when dealing with MJ.

mine was around 20% when i put in the vics vaporizor, its just a very small humidifier so it doesnt add massive amounts of moisture. it raised me up to around 40% and the plants seem much greener with some moisture in the air.
a room humidifier would probably be overkill for me and make it TOO moist so thats why i went with the very small personal sized one thats just used to breath vapors when your sick.

I just didn't like the fact that my humiditity was at 28. The humidifier sits outside my box, behind my fan getting sucked into my box via 4" inlet. So do you think rh of 28 will be ok for seedlings and veg?

Crazy Horse said:
I just didn't like the fact that my humiditity was at 28. The humidifier sits outside my box, behind my fan getting sucked into my box via 4" inlet. So do you think rh of 28 will be ok for seedlings and veg?

As long as they are watered properly... it shouldn't be a problem... once the plants get bigger they'll put off more water into the air and the RH will probably go up a bit anyways.

Latest posts

Back