Humidifier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGBSkunky

Reaction score
I purchased a humidifier but found out that I have a lot of minerals in our water creating “white dust”. After throughly cleaning the tent I realized I need an evaporator type humidifier. So I took a 3 gallon Tupperware container and draped a hand towel in it while taking my second fan and pointing it into the water at a low fan speed. The water wicks up the towel and is evaporated bringing the humidity up to over 50%.

Attachments

• 7385DC9E-65D9-4E64-A81A-80546EB94409.jpeg
    7385DC9E-65D9-4E64-A81A-80546EB94409.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • A0AF5864-6044-4ACF-ACC3-28FBEF09D89A.png
    A0AF5864-6044-4ACF-ACC3-28FBEF09D89A.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 0
That will work but gets to be a pain in the ass everyday doing it
Why nor grab a cheap inline water filter for one sink located close to your grow area and filter water to be used in the unit.

Why nor grab a cheap inline water filter for one sink located close to your grow area and filter water to be used in the unit.
Unfortunately the minerals in this water is abundant. I ran the water through filtration. My understanding is either I buy distilled water or get an osmosis filtration system. Truthfully we will probably put in an osmosis filtration system for drinking water in the future. But for now this solution works. I just pour a gallon and a half or so of water in and it runs all day. I may just stick with it as I won’t need that second fan for a few weeks anyway then I won’t need a humidifier anymore.

Did best of both worlds. I need a room dehumidifier upstairs so I grabbed one and will use it until I pick out a tankless reverse osmosis unit. Then I should be able to use the ultrasonic mister without white residue over the surface of everything including the plant leaves. Just figuring it all out.

The towel worked up to 61 percent but I need it a bit higher for a good VPD like 70 or 80 percent

Is it possible to use a timer on a dripper to feed the hanging towels automatically?

Is it possible to use a timer on a dripper to feed the hanging towels automatically?
I could by using a 360 mister inside the 3 gallon Tupperware container but then I realized I need one upstairs and I don’t want an ultrasonic humidifier where I am sleeping. We had been looking at filtration systems and ours is not exactly great water with either a filtration or a reverse osmosis for drinking water recommended. So it all works out

Reactions: zem

Latest posts

Back