Humidity control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magoebel

Reaction score
I'm looking for a solution to manage humidity for a 2x4x6 tent. I have a Vremi 22pint dehumidifier, but cannot place it in the tent because my plants have filled it and it's cramped in there. I would be nice to get the humidity level down to 45%. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a solution to manage humidity for a 2x4x6 tent. I have a Vremi 22pint dehumidifier, but cannot place it in the tent because my plants have filled it and it's cramped in there. I would be nice to get the humidity level down to 45%. Thanks in advance.
Then you will need a bigger tent. Does your exhaust blow OUT of the room tent is in, or dump back into room tent is in? You need old air out where it can't be re heated and rehumidified, and fresh low humidity cool air from outside the room.

Bubba

Then you will need a bigger tent. Does your exhaust blow OUT of the room tent is in, or dump back into room tent is in? You need old air out where it can't be re heated and rehumidified, and fresh low humidity cool air from outside the room.

Bubba

A bigger tent is not feasible for me. It’s currently in a 2 car tandem garage. The old air is blowing OUT through exhaust. The air from outside is low humidity.

I’m guessing my next grow will need to be less plants, which I’m fine with. I’ll just need to get to the point where I can grow big yields.

Thanks for chiming in.

I gave my vremi dehumidifier another shot from outside the grow tent, connected to an inkbird. I also have a 2.2L humidifier attached to the inkbird. It’s all working great!

I have the same problem. I have to open the plant while lights are on and zip when off. You can equalize the air in the room with a fan blowing in dehumidifier air and the over blowing it out

I have the same problem. I have to open the plant while lights are on and zip when off. You can equalize the air in the room with a fan blowing in dehumidifier air and the over blowing it out
My Vremi dehumidifier is actually working from outside the tent. I gave it another try. I have open vents at the bottom of the tent. The dehumidifier is plugged into an Inkbird controller. On the inside of the tent is my humidifier, also plugged into the inkbird. It’s been working fantastically.

I don't mean to cross boundaries here. Just didn't want to start a new thread since it's kinda related.

How is it that I can have a humidifier pumping out 1 gallon of steam in the grow room 24/7, yet I can't get the humidity above 42%?

I don't mean to cross boundaries here. Just didn't want to start a new thread since it's kinda related.

How is it that I can have a humidifier pumping out 1 gallon of steam in the grow room 24/7, yet I can't get the humidity above 42%?

One thing I’ve experienced in battling humidity % is fan speed. My fan was killing it. So I slowed it down with a controller and put it on the inkbird.

One thing I’ve experienced in battling humidity % is fan speed. My fan was killing it. So I slowed it down with a controller and put it on the inkbird.
That makes sense. What if it's an open tent in a spare bedroom with only a small fan that circulates air around the plants?

That makes sense. What if it's an open tent in a spare bedroom with only a small fan that circulates air around the plants?
I know when I open my tent my humidity % drops considerably. When I close it, it slowly rises. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can answer your question.

I know when I open my tent my humidity % drops considerably. When I close it, it slowly rises. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can answer your question.
That helps a lot. I really need to get my intake/exhaust setup. Thanks for the help!

That helps a lot. I really need to get my intake/exhaust setup. Thanks for the help!
Just to share my setup with you… I have a 2x4x6 SpiderFarmer grow tent. Carbon filter attached to an in-line fan with ducting in between and out the tent. I have a 2.2L humidifier (not digital) inside the tent. It’s connected to an Inkbird humidity controller that measures the humidity level. On the outside of the tent as a stand-alone, I am running a Vremi dehumidifier ($180) also connected to the Inkbird. On the Inkbird, I can set the target humidity so that the power will turn on the device that needs to be on when the humidity hits a certain target. It’s a great device. Well worth the $42. Your devices will need to be able to turn on automatically or they won’t work with the Inkbird. I hope this helps you learn more about your situation. Good luck!

My Vremi dehumidifier is actually working from outside the tent. I gave it another try. I have open vents at the bottom of the tent. The dehumidifier is plugged into an Inkbird controller. On the inside of the tent is my humidifier, also plugged into the inkbird. It’s been working fantastically.
I have to keep my vents closed because Im growing outside the tent too. SO I have to get up, go unzip the tent a little bit, turn the fan up to medium and wait 11 hours to zip it back up and repeat lol...I do 13 hours of darkness FYI

I have to keep my vents closed because Im growing outside the tent too. SO I have to get up, go unzip the tent a little bit, turn the fan up to medium and wait 11 hours to zip it back up and repeat lol...I do 13 hours of darkness FYI
I don’t follow why you would need to keep your vents closed if you’re growing outside the tent as well.

I'm stoned and can't get this crap off my mind. It makes zero sense to me how my humidifier can run 24/7 in a room with the door and vent closed, with only a small fan blowing just enough for the plants to wiggle, burning a gallon of water a day can still only get me to low 40s humidity. I could see if air was being sucked out of the room. I just don't get it lol.

Latest posts

Back