humidity dome/seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimmz22

Reaction score
hey all, i currently planted some seedlings in some seedling plugs and have inserted them into my humidity dome and i've got some growth as you see in the pictures. My question is, should i still keep my humidity dome on to still keep moisture in or do i vent it?

P300.jpg

P301.jpg

I keep the dome on until the plants hit the top

I remove my Dome after they pop they heads. I found if I left under dome my Little leafs would yellow and make for a weaker plant...Take care and be safe

I normally do not use a dome for seeds, only clones, but when I do use it for seeds I remove the dome as soon as some leaves form.

I also do not use a dome for seedlings. IMO, it increases your chances of damping off.

I dont use dome ever for seedlings. Soon as they pop above the soil, they get light fan breeze on them.

Humidity dome for seedlings? Why? Not once have I used a humidity dome for seedlings...clones yes, seeds no.
12 hour soak and right into soil.
Not needed and causes more harm then good IMO...

you need to get your lights right on top of babies and that is hard to do with a dome on. I too always use it for cloning.

Latest posts

Back