Humidity in grow room has somehow shot up !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragamuffin

Reaction score
Iv been using the same grow room since I started my first grow roughly a year ago . The humidity in that room was always somewhere between 50-65% but now that I have three new plants in there all roughly 4-8 weeks from finishing and the humidity reader is saying 80% which is way too high . I have a fan in there which has always been there , I’m wondering if maybe because it’s winter and it rains constantly here the humidity outside will be very high compared to the summer when it was pretty dry most of time . It’s basically a big walk in cupboard, I’m going to try leaving the big door to the room open and see if the extra air flow helps but I’m kinda stuck . Like I say it’s been fine for months and months , I have put two cheap desposible dehumidifiers in the room to see if that helps . I may take everything out and see if maybe iv overwatered them at some point and maybe it’s seeped and and soaked the flooring . Any ideas would
Be great as these three plants look amazing and don’t want mould . I was noticing my plants were sweating a few weeks ago so iv started leaving the tent door open a wee bit . Thanks in advance

Sounds like you have fans and dehumidifier but did I miss an exhaust fan? Early in the morning, I am sure I missed it. Without an exhaust fan the humidity in my flower tent would be over 80%.

Sounds like you have fans and dehumidifier but did I miss an exhaust fan? Early in the morning, I am sure I missed it. Without an exhaust fan the humidity in my flower tent would be over 80%.
Good question

I just started using this dehumidifier in my little auto tent. It collects about a cup of water a day and brought down my humidity about 20 points to just over 50%
I have this same one and it could not handle a 4x4 tent humidity control in flower of 4 good sized plants

I have this same one and it could not handle a 4x4 tent humidity control in flower of 4 good sized plants

how high was your outdoor humidity?

I had to use one in Oklahoma where the humidity was constantly around 60-80%

out here on the high plains , I have to use a swamp cooler to raise the humidity

bragging and not complaining here , I love the low humidity , I can spray and water in excess and no worries

in 13 years I have only had pm on an indoor grow and Oxidate took care of that

My tent is 2x4 and I got this dehumidifier at the thrift store. It was new in the box for cheap 3.99. So far it’s working good I think. I’ve been emptying it once a day

gotta love thrift store finds!

we shop the only goodwill in 60 miles and have found some great deals

how high was your outdoor humidity?

I had to use one in Oklahoma where the humidity was constantly around 60-80%

out here on the high plains , I have to use a swamp cooler to raise the humidity

bragging and not complaining here , I love the low humidity , I can spray and water in excess and no worries

in 13 years I have only had pm on an indoor grow and Oxidate took care of that
Mostly 70% or higher in summer time

We love the good will store. That’s kind of our fun thing to do is looking for great bargains at the thrift stores.

i get a kick out of buying designer clothes for men

so far I have found a few Pendletons , some Perry Ellis , and lots of Colombian

I once bought some ostrich skin Justin cowboy boots for $5 bucks..the tops were green lol

another good buy was a mens red plaid bathrobe for $5 bucks..made by Pendleton..costs about $129 bucks new

i get a kick out of buying designer clothes for men

so far I have found a few Pendletons , some Perry Ellis , and lots of Colombian

I once bought some ostrich skin Justin cowboy boots for $5 bucks..the tops were green lol

another good buy was a mens red plaid bathrobe for $5 bucks..made by Pendleton..costs about $129 bucks new
Bathrobe? Are you a streaker.....the terror of town......

Exhaust should go outside your room. If humidity in whole house is 80%, you are not going to lower it without dehumidification.

I'm waiting for cold weather, coming up shortly for me!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back