humidity levels in tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bacchus

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm into my fourth week of flower and am struggling to keep the night time humidity in my tent in the ideal range. Daytime under the light and the fans going, the humidity is in the 46%-50% range, 75 -80 degrees F, but at night, even with a small dehumidifier running it is around 65% and 64-69 degrees. I don't yet see any evidence of bud rot or mold, but am getting nervous that mold could form at any time. Maybe I am just anxious because this is my first grow and would hate to throw out a harvest after all this time. Is the night humidity range putting me at risk for mold problems or am I worrying for naught?
Thanks in advance for any advice

I like mine to be 50% or less in flower.
I use a continuous auto set dehumidifier (set to 50% and it comes on and off automatically ) Its an expense but not too bad and well worth not loosing a crop.

Thanks for the info
Some strains will react differently to high humidity
Some will so no sign of mold at 70% while other will rot at 60%
Good genetics come into play, some seeds are more prone to mold just avoid them.

I guess I will find out soon if mine are prone to mildew

Keep them pruned and have your fans on high. Roster is right good genetics are important. How long is the humidity over 60%? I get real nervous if it is any length of time....

I don’t have any way to be sure but when the lights go out the rh is high 40,s when I check in the morning it’s low 6o,s

I don’t have any way to be sure but when the lights go out the rh is high 40,s when I check in the morning it’s low 6o,s
1st off get a good humidity meter and make sure it can be calibrated
There is a way to do it with salt and plastic baggie

Yeah I have a cheap Vivosun one that came with the inline fan. Any recommendations

I have the inline fan running 24/7 I have 3 other small fans that only run during lights on. I have tried running the smaller fans at night , didn’t change the rh level

1627508626814.png

That’s the one I have. It does read the high and the low, but not for how long the rh level or temp was in that range

Get one that does indoor outdoor readings
put the outdoor pickup in grow area, and the other monitor part in a room ie; bedroom or alike and watch it at your leisure

I have the inline fan running 24/7 I have 3 other small fans that only run during lights on. I have tried running the smaller fans at night , didn’t change the rh level
No but moving air prevents leaves from sweating, well transpiring moisture on lower leaves. This prevents mold, and since moving air will evaporate moisture
Quicker which will also help with rot.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back