Humidity question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friend-of-a-friend

Reaction score
The humidity in my flower room stays at around 20%. I realize this is a bit low, but don't see any noticeably detrimental effects. What is the hazard of having this low of humidity, and should I be concerned enough to try to remedy the situation?

This is something I would also like to know. I heat my home with gas so my air is very very dry indoors. My room is typically between 20 and 30 percent as well, and through 2 grows I have really noticed no effect its made. I have encountered no problems at all.

I do know that low humidity can increase chance of males(if growing from seed of course) other then that you may need to water a little more frequently and it will make your leaves paper thin bc your plant is trying to save the moisture. Probably reduce mold lol. I would research it more to make sure its not stunting growth or reducing yield.

The low humidity causes the plants to take more water from the soil/hydro. I use less nutrients when my room has low humidity(winter time)

Same here....RH is 20-25 the whole winter. Never had a problem. Jmo

I think 20% is fine for flowering, I hate mold.

Latest posts

Back