Humidity Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mp77710

The Dude
Reaction score
Hi all,
Complete noob here.. I’ve grown a couple of times, outdoors, but that was almost 20 years ago. I am setting up a 48”x48”x78” tent in my basement. I have the Nextlight Core LED and a 4” AC Infinity fan/filter. I have an oscillating fan for the floor and (2) small fans that will be mounted higher. The plan is to grow (5) auto flowers in (5) gal fabric pots. I am using soil.

Nothing is hooked up yet, but I’ve had a temperature gauge in the basement to record temps and it has been a steady 64-65 degrees with humidity fluctuating from 70-80%. My question is, will I have to have a dehumidifier inside the tent as well as outside the tent in the basement? The basement is essentially a half basement and half crawl space. So, the basement isn’t completely walled in. The walls are about 5’ high and then it is crawl space outward from there. I live in SC. Presently, it is roughly 75-80degrees typically with humidity anywhere from 50% to 100%. It won’t be long before it is regularly in the 90’s with pretty high humidity. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Latest posts

Back