Humidity question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristanjohn42479

Reaction score
So I have a question I have a grow tent with fans in it the extractor fans a couple small ones and a box fan have the ink it’s humidity controller and a hygrometer setup also the ink bird along with my dehumidifier is saying the same RH but my hygrometer is like 12 percent higher which number should I go off

Find the sensors on the two that agree, and put the sensor on the other one in the same place.
If one reads significantly off, you have a calibration issue.
Different zones of the room will have different readings in nearly all instances. Proximity to lights, fans, ac, dehumidifier... all these factors can contribute to just getting a number for that zone.
Once you verify cal, put the controller sensor in the middle of the canopy if you can, because it will verify what the plants are experiencing.

i seal my hygrometers in a ziplock baggie with a couple of Boveda 62 packs and let them set for about 24 hours. the humidity in the bags should be pretty much 62 at that point and will give you an offset. there is a method that i think is recommended by the makers of Caliber IV humidity gauges but i compared that to what i get using the Boveda packs and they provided the same offset and then i have Boveda packs for long term storage. i am contemplating switching to Boveda 55's because that may be a better storage humidity(an rH of 62 is still in the cure range)...

Wow,,thats a lot of technical stuff.
To much for me. Good luck.

Fogey that's brilliant. Good call! The 55s will also be better for moderate-term seed storage though if you really want to sit on them for a while go even lower.
Btw those mimosa f2 are really enjoying life. ; )

I used a hygrometer often my first indoor grow, trying intake and exhaust fans in different port holes in my tent. Experimenting. In winter and summer also.
Once u have your method down its pretty much common sense.

Keep the plant above 60 Fahrenheit as its low point, dead winter.

Your plant can tolerate heat up to almost 90 Fahrenheit in its pre veg state (seedling).........80-85 Fahrenheit as the high in VEG......I kick it back to 75 Fahrenheit for 12/12, kinda simulates the fall season like Mama Nature.

Thanks buzzy that helps out. I’ve been doing just too I think I’ve got it pretty dialed in but every day a little different we have crazy weather here in the northeast 80 humidity outside one day then the next 20

Latest posts

Back