Humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_riz

Reaction score
Hey all..

We've been noticing that our humidity has been dropping below the "average" mark, and wondered if anyone could give us some insight as to how much is too much, and how much is not enough, and why?..

Also anyone know of any good methods of keeping the humidity at a reasonable percentage?

cheers guys
riz

All depends on each individual situation. What works for me may/maynot work for you.

What is your RH right now? Mine is usually around 30, which is pretty low for veg, but my plants didn't seem to mind. Now I keep sponges in a tray of water, and it stays around 35, and all is well. I run a humidifier right now (only a few hours at night, at around 50-60 RH), because I am in weeks 3 and 4, where it is important to keep the RH up to increase females. And it seems like one of them gets really sad when it is on, but the rest of them like it.

crazy_horse said:
I run a humidifier right now (only a few hours at night, at around 50-60 RH), because I am in weeks 3 and 4, where it is important to keep the RH up to increase females.

Dude, where did you get that humidity influences sex?

Crazy Horse said:
What is your RH right now? Mine is usually around 30, which is pretty low for veg, but my plants didn't seem to mind. Now I keep sponges in a tray of water, and it stays around 35, and all is well. I run a humidifier right now (only a few hours at night, at around 50-60 RH), because I am in weeks 3 and 4, where it is important to keep the RH up to increase females. And it seems like one of them gets really sad when it is on, but the rest of them like it.

Sorry dude, whats an RH?

Also one of them gets sad when whats on?

Thanks Hick! I couldn't remember where I read that about the RH, and you nailed it. NOTE: It is not my personal experience, just what I read.

RIZ- When my humidifier is on, the one plant gets sad. And I don't have the humidifier in with my plants, I have it behind my fan outside my box. It seems to work good, but then again, I am still on my first grow, so I don't know what works and what doesn't. Just experamenting (spelling?)

right, lol.. well ours are in the 40% side of humid. i guess thats the RH?

Latest posts

Back