hydro Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashido

Reaction score
Always been a soil person and seen its starting to be a pain , and so I came up with a cheaper way to do hydro so tell me if it will work.
Im certain everyone has seen the like 4x4 squares with net pots going down at an angle into resivor from a stand Slightly higher than the square box tray things...Pretty much im replacing their small trays with much larger tubes and I can build it myself at roughly 200$
Ill post a pic~
If I decided to buy a cheap Bin , Add 10" pvc pipe and cut holes in the top of it for my nets I could get away with only dropping money on the pump everything else is under 50$ if Im correct.
In the pvc pipe , I was going to rune a hose and use mist nozels now sense its at an angle , the water will flow back into the res by itself and create an airflow so I dont need stones or anything to keep the water airated , I was thinking if i angle it , the roots will grow down towards the water so as the nute water goes back down it flushes roots but didnt know if this would be a problem.

Any thoughts if it'll work or what else needs to be done

2002901233698080_4.jpg

tashido said:
Always been a soil person and seen its starting to be a pain , and so I came up with a cheaper way to do hydro so tell me if it will work.
Im certain everyone has seen the like 4x4 squares with net pots going down at an angle into resivor from a stand Slightly higher than the square box tray things...Pretty much im replacing their small trays with much larger tubes and I can build it myself at roughly 200$
Ill post a pic~
If I decided to buy a cheap Bin , Add 10" pvc pipe and cut holes in the top of it for my nets I could get away with only dropping money on the pump everything else is under 50$ if Im correct.
In the pvc pipe , I was going to rune a hose and use mist nozels now sense its at an angle , the water will flow back into the res by itself and create an airflow so I dont need stones or anything to keep the water airated , I was thinking if i angle it , the roots will grow down towards the water so as the nute water goes back down it flushes roots but didnt know if this would be a problem.

Any thoughts if it'll work or what else needs to be done
So your trying to build an aeroponics setup, your going to need a decent size pump. How many plants are you planning on growing? I would almost throw An airstone in your res just to help it stay mixed well. I dont see you having a crazy rush of water running back to your res from the misters. Will you be running them 24 hrs or on a timer? You are going to need a decent ph/ppm meter as well.

You are describing a pretty standard aero system. There is an e-book entitled "How to Hydroponic" that has very good directions for building a system like you describe. I would also recommend an air pump and an air stone or 2 for the res.

Do you already have your pipe and end caps--10" PVC is fairly costy. Your PVC need to be thick walled or cored, so that it doesn't let light through. The thinner walled PVC can let light in and cause algae problems.

I grow in an AeroFlo2. They are designed for the quaility growers, not the quanity growers. It is a very touchy system. The nutes, pH & room conditions need to be spot on. One mistake & you could loose your whole crop if you dont know what your doing. But, once you've got it down. They are the best to grow in. They have the fastest growth rate of all systems. If you have not grown hydro before, you really should start with an eaiser system. If you do deside to grow with one, start with cheap seeds until you get dailed in. Later Man

I'll get a 12" airstone when I go out later , For 3 tubes roughly 5ft long what kind of pump would I be needing? Shock ( probably 1plant per sq ft SOG )
As far as seeds go , I have more than I can ever use in my lifetime.
DLM3 My system is pretty much identical to AeroFlo2 , Rather than uing the cubed container , its going to be PVC pipe so I can save money making it over buying it.

tashido said:
I'll get a 12" airstone when I go out later , For 3 tubes roughly 5ft long what kind of pump would I be needing? Shock ( probably 1plant per sq ft SOG )
As far as seeds go , I have more than I can ever use in my lifetime.
DLM3 My system is pretty much identical to AeroFlo2 , Rather than uing the cubed container , its going to be PVC pipe so I can save money making it over buying it.
I am at work right now but I have a pump size calculator I found at home on my laptop. I will shoot you the link, but before when I was going to do aero, I was going to do eight plants (6 360's, 4 180 deg srayers) I was going to run a 600gph pump.

I am not sure how this info pans out exactly because I did not go the aero route but heres the link, hope this helps

hxxp://www.planetganja.com/highsociety/showthread.php?t=34933

xx=tt

Go to General Hydroponics, there the ones who make the AeroFlo2. They make the AeroFlo2-30, It sounds like what yours is going to be. Order the pump they have for that one. Or one that size. When you drill the holes in the PVC for the plant sites, space them out further than the AeroFlo does. More room for your plants. Thats the only complaint I have on the AeroFlo's, sites are too close. Other than that, it's a great system.

No free advertising here, either. Look to the bottom of the main page for the "advertise with us" link. Any links posted will be deleted.

ok, no problem we will not post any links, is it still OK to speak to forum community members about growing? we would definitely be interested in advertising in the future, today we want to know if anyone is still using their Aeroflo and provide free advice if that is OK
Yep, that's fine. Growing is what this site is all about, and all growers are welcome.

Latest posts

Back