Hydro Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
What does one do with rooted clones from a turbo klone machine that has bare roots? Should they be put in net pots? The medium is hydroton in a titan flo and gro ebb and flow system. This is the first time doing hydro and don't know how to transplant from bare roots to the hydro]ton. Any suggestions?

just place the roots close to bottom net pot and fill net pot with those coco puffs:D

I prefer dirt myself:p

take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
just place the roots close to bottom net pot and fill net pot with those coco puffs:D

take care and be safe

Ok thanks. I'll try that. I thought hydro would be easier than soil but it's starting to seen the opposite :-(

oh yes my friend...soil is much more forgiving on new growers...and IMO..tastes better then waterlogged fruit

4u2sm0ke said:

take care and be safe

I would not put it in the bottom of the flow n gro, thats a 4 gallon pot, not a net pot.

Fill the pot about 3/4 full, take the clone and hold it right above that so its coming out of the top and hand fill the hydroton around the roots and fill the pot.

Gratz on the flo-n-gro! I just finished my 2nd grow in mine, love em.

:yeahthat:

Dont want roots in water all the time in a net pot. Keep it planted high and let the roots reach down for the water. Hydroton wicks water decently.

I don't work much with the hydroton myself as I like coco coir in hydro but as the guys said, just fill in and then hold the clone in place and gently add in the hydroton around it so as to not break any roots and it will do fine.

One important tip: make sure to thoroughly rinse your hydroton before putting it into the container. otherwise you will end up with a muddy mess in the bottom of your container

I can assure you that hydroponics is not as difficult as it seems at first. Its just that it requires more hands-on maintenance on a regular basis. For those who like to set the plant and watch it grow, and occasionally water and prune it, this type of growing is not for them. :)

Thanks for the advice guys! I will proceed accordingly.

PH that hydroton for 24 hours at 5.0 or your ph will swing like crazy too.

Latest posts

Back