hydro nutes question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papasoulfart

Reaction score
I have been using ionic nutes in my two systems. I use grow nutes in a drip system with super thrive supplement. In the ebb and flo i use the grow nutes. It has flor in the veg room and 400w hps in the flower room. Both have 10 gal res and there are 4 plant in flower and about ten in the veg stage. I set the lights to 12/12 and the flowering seemed to be really slow. At two weeks there were no signs of flower. I bought some monstter bloom and added it to the flower res. and the results were amazing. My question is are there nutes that do not need the extra additives. and do I need to cut back on the ionic nutes since I added the monster bloom. I dont want to keep 6 differant bottles of nutes around. any help would be greatly appceciated.
:confused:

papasoulfart said:
My question is are there nutes that do not need the extra additives.
I've been using General Hydroponics "Flora Series" for quite some time with no additional nutes. I have great harvests. This nute allows you to mix the three components in whatever way is most beneficial to you and your plants. I find that it varies with the strain. Whites are the hardest to please.

Good luck man!

Thank you stoney. Do I need to cut back on the ionic bloom when I add the monster bloom. I will switch the next time im in the city so I can pick up the flora nova stuff. But that will be at least a week. I dont have a ppm meter I have just been changing out the nutes every 5 days.

papasoulfart said:
Thank you stoney. Do I need to cut back on the ionic bloom when I add the monster bloom. I will switch the next time I'm in the city so I can pick up the flora nova stuff. But that will be at least a week. I don't have a ppm meter I have just been changing out the nutes every 5 days.
I've never used either of the nutes you mention. With 10 gallon reservoirs, changing the nutes out every 5 days seems a little radical. When the water level gets down to 3/4 full volume, you should replace what's been used with fresh nutes that have been mixed in a seperate container to exactly the required nutrients. I use two gallon jugs to mix mine in with a mark on the side indicating the EXACT two gallons as measured with a measuring cup. Most nutrients have a 30 day life span on viability. If you add that amount within 30 days, you've changed out the entire volume of your reservoir. I only empty mine to clean it between crops.

How often do you add water and how much each time?

papasoulfart said:
I add about a gallon of dis water every other day.
If you are replacing a gallon of water in each reservoir, each day, then you don't need to change out your entire reservoir at all. Let it go with nothing but added water and nutes for 2-3 weeks and keep a close eye on your plants. If they show no signs of deficiency, then you can quit changing out your reservoirs supply.

However, if you do notice any signs of deficiency, then let me know with some pics if you can, and we'll adjust your replacement to what is actually needed.

No sense in wasting good nutes.

Good luck man!

Cool ill try it out. It did seem that i went through alot of nutes my my. At least a quart in less than 3 months.

papasoulfart said:
Cool ill try it out. It did seem that i went through alot of nutes my my. At least a quart in less than 3 months.

Haha yeah! tell me about it... $150 of nutes every 2 months for me. I just like a regular schedule I do the same every week.... 7th day I run plain water... then I change res and nutes.

Latest posts

Back