Hydroponic Top Dripper Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
octobong007 said:
ok, i'm not disputing anything, i want to understand...high humidity at night aint good sometimes? after fog drops at night, how are the plants the next day? there booming...

now remember, i'm NOT argueing...just looking for reasoning...its the only way i know how to learn. on your quote, you said "RH should be rising dueing the dark time"...if your giving nutes, your adding moisture...so the rh "would" be rising. now i'm getting confused...

humidity is increased when water temp is warmer than air temp, while the lights are on the bulbs are beaming and heating up the air but when you turn the lights off the air is still moving and cools quicker than the water in the res that has been gradually warmed up to room temp. So really you want to cover your res so that when the night hours come humidity doesn't raise too much, if you were to feed then the water would quickly raise humidity. The resulting factor could well be bud rot.

If you ahd a bucket of 85 deg water and had it in a room thats 100 deg then your not slowly evaporating water into the air and this is visual, theres no steam. If you had the same bucket in 40 deg heat you would see the steam as moisture evaporates into air.

octobong007 said:
ok, i'm not disputing anything, i want to understand...high humidity at night aint good sometimes? after fog drops at night, how are the plants the next day? there booming...

now remember, i'm NOT argueing...just looking for reasoning...its the only way i know how to learn. on your quote, you said "RH should be rising dueing the dark time"...if your giving nutes, your adding moisture...so the rh "would" be rising. now i'm getting confused...

i hope widowmaker's post helps you understand the principal of the RH rising naturally at night...

So now we know RH is going up with lights off.

And we know why as well- the air/water temp diff.

So feeding adds to moisture in the air, after the medium is soaked it then evaporates off (the RH has now risen even more)

all i really mean is that the RH is going up naturally, so its better ot keep that increase to a minimum and not add to it by feeding.

that help? wm's post summed it up pretty well.

got it..so i shouldn't feed for 12 hours...i was going to go with straight hydrotron, no rockwool or anything else, would i still be ok with going 12 without...? thanx a million on this guys, i'm trying to learn anything/everything about hydro...

24/7 doode

if ya have a drop whereby your drained nutes go back into the resevoir then this in itself will oxygenate the water sufficientlly without an airstone or say oxy-plus which btw oxy-plus cannot be used with quite a lot or nutes/boost/additives etc.

as your using clay pebbles you cannot overwater as only wetting the roots on plant and the plants are not actually sat in a solution as such.

pkj

you could also leave pump off at lights out as clay pebbles retain certain amount of moisture to stop plants wilting during this time just do a 12 hours on 12 hours off and see what they look like at start of light on and if they are droopy then id place pump on 24/7 and keep extraction on 24/7 or timed interval during lights out to keep RH down say 15 mins on 15 mins off.

pkj

Im going to say something contrary to most posts on this thread, but before doing that I will say that everyone has their own methods that they find to be most effective and its our job as MP constituents to voice experiences and opinions. That having been said:
Ive grown many grows now in a DWC, a waterfarm to be exact. ive always started my germinated seedlings in 1 x 1 rockwool. I have placed the rockwool directly into the hydroton and placed a drip stake over the rockwool and watered on a 1 on /2 off. Im using a 400w HPS light. Im sure many people on here will argue that i could water much more frequently, cant over water, etc. Ive found this method to be very effective and ive also found that even increasing water schedules there is a difference in how the plant reacts, there is such a thing as overwatering. My advice to you is this, start out taking it slow but be very cautious of changes the plant makes, read up on signs of over and under watering and advance until you are satisfied that your plant is growing healthy and at a reasonable pace. I assure you it is possible to overwater, but at least keep the rockwool wet. Take it at your own pace...your personal experience will not be EXACTLY like any one elses. good luck!

I have a dripper and yes for cuttings i water them every 1 hour for 15 mins or you can do every two hours 25 mins/... my cuttings are 1 week and im doing them every two.. they look great.. you must see first how the lights dry them up.. best thing just keep checking them.. if they feel dryer (still moist) at the top then water, if you can still see damp patch leave it for another hour..
Hope this helps.
CDM.

24/7 dude and if they start to wilt try at intervals or if underwatered try longer intervals.

pkj

jasosebee said:
thanks for the recomendation
i'm planning on using the clay pellets.

whats up man. I am running a home made 5 gal hydro bucket i made. I have the clay pellets in the pot in the lid. She gets a constant drip real slow and the clay pellets stay nice and shinny. I had the same problem with a hundred diff. oppinions, I just pick the one I thought would work for me. Hope this helps....good luck with her. PEACE
The HIPPIE:D

Latest posts

Back