I’m confused over light height can you advise ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some LED light bulbs that I hang on the side during flowering. I have used one during the seedling stage too. I put them fairly close like 12 " to 18 " during those stages. You can use them farther away during the vegetative stage as long as they don't start stretching. You're going to have to play around with them like somebody else suggested until you find what works best.
What’s your opinion on hanging the two small lights sideways one from each side pointing at the side of the plant and the big 250 watt around 20” from the top so the light penetrates the canopy and all the buds grow potent would you try it ? It’s what I’m thinking

I have some LED light bulbs that I hang on the side during flowering. I have used one during the seedling stage too. I put them fairly close like 12 " to 18 " during those stages. You can use them farther away during the vegetative stage as long as they don't start stretching. You're going to have to play around with them like somebody else suggested until you find what works best.
Okay cool that’s what I want to do I just need to unclasp on side of the light so it will hand from one corner I was sceptical because I’m worried I will over do it and hurt the plant 🪴 but I’m side I got 12”-18” on the sides to hand the lights facing in and one light on top of the canopy thanks for the extra confidence

I push the spider farmer lights and the mars hydro lights a bit over the manufactures requirements I gotta admit. My plants seem to like the extra light they provide…
I am using the diamond series advanced led grow lights and HTG 7 band led grow lights together I only got a total of 480 watts which is just enough to get some small flowers . From reading the other post and info you all shared I’m just gonna hang them all around 24” from the canopy I think the 480 watts is enough for that height

What’s your opinion on hanging the two small lights sideways one from each side pointing at the side of the plant and the big 250 watt around 20” from the top so the light penetrates the canopy and all the buds grow potent would you try it ? It’s what I’m thinking
I use the lights on the side when flowering to help the buds mature faster. After the bud sites are already developing. You can't grow the plant sideways. I just started doing this again because I have a stubborn plant that's buds aren't maturing as quick as I would like it to. I don't have a tent and I think I miss out on the light reflecting off the material.

Last edited:
I use sidelights added to my grow room when growing inside and loved the results. The more light the better. How can it not help when it's causing more coverage and more bud sites to get light.

Latest posts

Back