i am a grow addict green crack/satori/hickstick-gorilla glue fiasco in the making

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
i am doomed to fail on this grow. i have a mish mash of clones with borderline pedigree due to me be a bit of a stoner and i am adding in some seeds that one of my kids buddies sent me. so mixing some seed plants with the clones is probably a no-no. the seeds are a cross from gorilla glue with a strain that the grower calls hick stick which is an afghani landrace thing. if they are males, i may just make some seeds. if they are not, i will be in a lousy situation where i have more stash than i need or can have. either way, first world problems....

set up the mothers tent i have(4x4x2 ft) with a 4 bulb 4 ft t5 fixture and a weak exhaust fan. i am trying to get the seeds to pop in some spent roots organics soil left in the pot from a previous grow. i did not feed the plants in those pots for over a month so i hope the soil is depleted. anyway, my 'plan' is to keep the clones (5 of 'em like a dunderhead) lst'd almost bonsai'd until the seed plants can catch up. i have a sufficient stash and a bunch of cannabutter stored so i am kinda free to screw this up big time. i have 2 plans. if the seed plants are male, i am going to seed the bejeeeeeessuuus out of this grow and get some weird crosses. if the seed plants are female, i am going to lament the over crowding of my tent to the point that most of you will stop watching the grow. i am irritating that way. if one is male and one is female, i will put it up to a vote. how about that?

anyway, grow journal started...

of8

Well well well clones and seeds? Oh no... Kidding. I do it all the time. I will be watching and wishing you lots of green mojo. break a leg kid.

I'ma gonna watch a bit myself.. Good luck

The seeds are not playing nice and have failed to pop. I need to get some fresh soil and transplant the clones anyway as they are looking root bound so maybe some fresh soil would make the seeds happier. Kinda figures. I don't really care if the green crack and Satori flourish. I have a little lot of both already. I want to see what the gorilla glue crosses look like. This old fogey is a cup half empty type of person...

No kidding, you are not the poster boy for positivity.... LOL, i love how you started this journal, "i am doomed to fail on this grow." You crack me up, are you not afraid your plants won't pic up your less then postitive vibes? They could be reading your journal. What if i came home with a new baby and said that.

It depresses me when seeds don't come up, especially if they are ones i made. ya know?
Green mojo my friend Old Fogey. and merry christmas. We like you just the way you are.

I am a pretty negative guy as anyone who knows me or has read my posts knows. I try to have fun with it though as I am too old to change and people would wonder 'who is impersonating Dave'? My supervisor once challenged me to be more positive during a review and I responded that I was positive I would mess something up in the coming year. Aim low and you are less likely to be disappointed.

The seeds are not my own but the guy who made them told me to be patient and give them 14 days. Sounds long to me but I am in no hurry and have more I can try. Got some soil at a grow store today so I will be transplanting my little ugly clones. Hopefully they will respond well. Probably will sow a couple of new seeds this week too. Thanks for checking in and the well wishes. I hope Santa is good to you, Rosebud.

Way ta grow, grow, grow, OF. At least your not the worst grower around here, I think I got that locked down...

Dude, I had spider mites, caterpillars, powdery mildew and bud rot in one grow. I think I am probably in line for the hall of shame of MP growers!

Pretty sad looking plants... I need some more heat I think.

The seeds still have not popped. Planted 2 more yesterday and went back to my usual seeds popping method. Moist soil in a solo cup covered in plastic wrap placed in my nice warm furnace room.

View attachment IMG_4183.jpg

Do you have any worm castings you could make a quick tea for those girls, they look hungry to me.

And the award for the worst grower could be me, lots of times. That is how we learn, at least that is what i keep telling myself.

I agree with Rose here, they are hungry. I had planted some peppers in my garden last year, they would’nt do anything. They were plants I got at the nursery and they just stayed the same size for most of the summer. Finally in the early fall, I gave they a nice top dressing of worm castings and they took off like a hurricane. They are still producing peppers now except they don’t get much sun this late. I use worm castings now on every pot plant I grow.

Thanks. I will try to pick some up this week if they don't look better when I get back from work(I work out of state). I was thinking they were hungry but did not seem to be taking up nutes so I thought they were either root bound or my tent was too cold. The thermometer says 70. They are in new bigger pots with some new soil. I also found spider mites. Urghhhh...

I sprayed the little buggers with SNS 217. It is a lot easier when the plants are this size. Going to be diligent and hope to eradicate the 'borg before flowering...

It's an almost Christmas miracle! The plants are starting to look like someone cares for them and I have a Hickstick Gorilla Glue cross seedling. So I lost track of who is who but I am thinking the scraggly plants are Green Crack and the more robust plants are Satori.

View attachment IMG_4195.jpg

View attachment IMG_4194.jpg

The seedling is looking healthy and happy. I am feeding it half strength nutes now. I am have always used general organic gobox organic stuff but opted to try general hydro floro line this go to see if I get different flavors. The clones are vigorous. I am attaching a pic before I macheted them back. They'd like bigger pots but I am waiting until the seedling is ready to transplant. The clones are on straight water as suggested on a different thread I have to try to slow their grow(dontcha know).

View attachment IMG_4258.jpg

View attachment IMG_4257.jpg

Latest posts

Back