i am at a loss...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
any ideas? this plant is killing me. it seemed to be improving. now it is back to looking very poopy-like. i left sunday for work. my kids are caring for her. i gave her a light dose of nutes(about 1/2 the recommended dose of gobox grow and cal mag. i also changed 2 of my t5 bulbs from 2700 kelvin to 10000 kelvin bulbs. i have 6 4 footers. is it likely the lights or the nutes? the temps in the tent are mid 70's. lights on 24 hours a day. roots organix soil. ph is 6.2. the plant is now 13 weeks in veg. i know she looks tortured. i had 2 super buckeye plants that turned out to be boys that grew really nicely with my normal ways.this is my buckeye purple. should i just start over?

View attachment IMG_0581.jpg

View attachment IMG_0580.jpg

View attachment IMG_0579.jpg

View attachment IMG_0578.jpg

I see issues.. I see soil...

I can not help you good sir :(

Mojo for someone sorting you out! :aok:

i am feeling like i am maybe just too dumb to grow this strain. i am usually good with plants of all types. they usually like me. she seems to hate me...

thanks for the mojo though, doc...

Yeah, I see your other stuff is healthy.. think I've seen other journals or at least pics from you in the past, yeah?

You'll sort it out :D

from the looks of it, it's either hungry or overfed. from the sounds of it, it sounds hungry... I would go with hungry and feed it but thats up to you to decide

lol, zem! that is the rub, isn't it? mel says she is a light feeder so i am thinking she is over fed if anything but i had not fed her in a couple weeks before i fed her this past saturday. come to think of it, she was looking better when i ignored her. maybe she needs to be ignored. a friend of mine who used to grow 10 foot tomato plants told me that they loved to be abused. he would go and shake them and handle them roughly. he used to have massive harvests. maybe that is what i am doing wrong...

mel says p buckeye is a lite feeder.............
how have you been feeding it?

i have been feeding it lite. i think the last time i fed it which had been about 2 weeks after the last feeding i only gave it a half dose because mel had said it was a light feeder. maybe the soil has enough nutes. i feel like i have been torturing this plant.

well, what the heck? The very top new growth looks ok. What lights and soil? I am sorry to make your repeat.

PH is way out of whack from the looks of it, but there are phenos that pop up from time to time that for lack of a better word just suck.

If you have other plants that are all doing fine, I would kill off the bad plant and move on.

It can bounce back if the problem is solved but you are experiencing necrosis:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/necrosis-plant-diseases-39504.html

thanks for looking in on this, rose. i am only too happy to repeat or maybe expound upon what i have already written. i leave stuff out that i know i important. i am just a little scatterbrained. i am using 6 4 foot t5 bulbs. i was using 4 2700 kelvin and 2 10000 kelvin with uva bulbs. the point where i started to regress is where i swapped out 2 of the 2700 kelvin bulbs for 2 10000 kelvin w/o uva. i also fed her with about 1/2 strength nutes. maybe too much cal mag(seems to be the consensus). i am using roots organics green lite soil. always has worked out for me but this is a horse of a different color as the wizard of oz would say. my concern with the top growth is is is curly. it does not have the discoloration that the older growth does but it reminds me of an old gnarly bonsai tree which would be awesome if that was what i was trying to do. the head scrathcer for me is i am using the same technique i have used for 4 grows and it worked with the super buckeyes but the buckeye purple is flipping me the bird. she does not care for my technique one bit.

That is what i was going to say. This isn't your first rodeo. Maybe we need to have Mel stop in,,,not today, she has had a death in the family, very very sad.

I don't know kelvin and what uva bulbs are. Sounds like you know when it went south. All we can do at this point is wait and see. i wouldn't give the plant anything for a while.When are you planning on flipping?

Ihope we can get this straightened out.

i posted the same thread on her forum where her seeds are sold. i am sorry to hear she has had a loss. always a tough time. i was planning on flipping after 8 weeks but she is so tiny, i don't know if it is worth flipping yet. the 10000 kelvin bulbs are blue. like really blue. i think they are more for aquariums with coral. i have been using them the whole time i have been growing though and they have not been difficult with me. i think they even have helped keep the plants squat which works for me because i grow in a 4 ft tall tent. the uva is supposed to be good because the sun has uv light and most normal light sources do not emit uv. the 2700 kelvin is red-ish and meant for bloom like a hps wavelength. again, this has worked well for me in the past. i have pulled a bit over 3/4 of a gram per watt on my past 2 grows so i am pretty happy with that. this buckeye purple is just confounding. i am not giving up. i am just a bit frustrated. fleetwood mac had an album originally called 'good things come to those who wait' (which i have an original copy of) that was then release as 'mystery to me'. so i hope that the 'mystery to me' turns out to be a 'good things come to those who wait' for me...

sorry for the blah blah blah. i am just off my night shift of 3 12 hour nights with very little sleep and a 2 and a half hour drive home. i am pretty much toast...

Ok, have a nap.. and lets see how this goes. Did those lights work for you before?

yes. the lights have worked well or at least well for my particular setup. they also worked fine for the super buckeyes that i grew along with her. they are males though and they are going to die, probably today...

I would try to raise the pH.

i have used the same color bulbs for all my grows. this is a first and the buckeye purple was the only plant that has given me grief. the super buckeyes thrived under the 10000 kelvin bulbs. i have read somewhere that the bluer lights will cause the plants to be squat and have thick, strong stems and stalks. seems like that is true but of course, since this is the only setup i have used, i don't have a frame of reference. thanks though.

Latest posts

Back