I am getting old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasMonster

Reaction score
So, I got one year older this month. I snuck it past yall (appears snuck is not a word-is now) by lying on the birthday question. Does anybody answer that honestly or am I just a liar liar pants on fire?

anyway

I am getting old. I've been noticing a stiffness in my fingers for a while now. This very morning, for the first time, it actually interfered with my rolling a joint. Thats funny if you think on it, painful joints preventing the rolling of pain relieving joints. I dont mind getting older. Never get depressed about like I see with some folks. Shoot, if yall knew me yall would know that its a miracle I have made it this far. I remember clearly hearing my parents say I would never see 21. Been shot at, lost to a few bulls, lost a few fights, been married twice and divorced the same amount (funny how that works) of times. I've worked hard all my life and have been brutal to my hands.

So, take care of your hands. It may or may not help but now I wonder. I am not sure what I am going to do about it. I guess just monitor it and see if its going to get worse or learn how to treat it. I do see a bong with one of those fancy flameless lighters in my future though.

Ok, thanks for letting an old man ramble on. :ignore:

How old are ya Tex. I don't lie about my age, so fess up kid.

43 aint old Tex, atleast i hope not i will be there in 7 yrs, lol.

Ya will see how old i am in 4 days time as i told the truth on birthday and fyi texasmonster ya just a kid.
Lol
T4

dman1234 said:
43 aint old Tex, atleast i hope not i will be there in 7 yrs, lol.
No, its not old really, but I warn ya, ya start noticing aches and pains that you remember older folks talking about. I'm still having a good time and all, but some things are changing. I do have this incredible urge to trade the ole 63 F100 in on a Corvette though. Middle Age Crisis?

Just kidding on trading my ole truck in. I just had a newer truck stolen. I will probably spend the insurance on my older truck and get rid of this stupid minivan I am driving around.

See how that happened, we were talking about age and I got sidetracked and started rambling about Corvettes and old trucks.

hee hee TM, I have parts that are wearing out as well. Hard work has it's rewards, but it takes a toll on the body after a time. Some mornings my fingers are so stiff that I have to peck type my responses. (and spell heck everything!) :p
My right shoulder is shot from years of abuse on the end of a shovel and/or rock bar. A couple of mashed disks from a bull doing a little jig on my back, back in the 70's, or 40+ years of colts and/or bad horses. I'm not sure which :p
The old knees start aching after only a few hours of the up and down hiking the hills. My nose ain't as straight as it was 40 years ago neither. But I do find it easier to keep it out of other folks bidniz now'days... :)

Hence,.. my sig' line..:p

I've NEVER considered tradin' my truck for a Corvette tho'.... You may be losing touch with reality there my friend...:rofl:

Happy BIrthday Tex!!!

I turn 45 on friday, and the key to staying young is lying about your age.
If it's one thing I've learned in my 29 years, that's it!!
Hick, you are right, hard work takes it's toll on the body but not, I suspect, as much as 20 years layin' on a sofa eating chips.
Hows that old saying? If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!!!
Yes take better care of your hands... and your KNEES...

i've got a t-shirt that says 'middle age man', lol, from saturday night live character. typical bald head, glasses, and beer gut dude on front. lol. (and another that states, 'do not arrest this person'. lol).

i'd sell the bulls and keep the ford! wait, i did that. lol. :p

is 'divorced in dallas', a spin-off off 'debbie does dallas'?:p lmao...

hows the gardens friend? :cool: have a nice day!...peace...

Irish said:
i've got a t-shirt that says 'middle age man', lol, from saturday night live character. typical bald head, glasses, and beer gut dude on front. lol. (and another that states, 'do not arrest this person'. lol).

i'd sell the bulls and keep the ford! wait, i did that. lol. :p

is 'divorced in dallas', a spin-off off 'debbie does dallas'?:p lmao...

hows the gardens friend? :cool: have a nice day!...peace...
My garden is only tomatoes and okra this year. Just to busy for much else out there.

TexasMonster said:
cuarenta y tres

Oh, Tex, that's not old--I have a daughter almost that old :giggle:.

And yeah, this getting old is tough. My fingers and hands are stiff and arthritic. My knees are bad from years and years of working on them. I have deteriorating discs in my neck from a rear end collision when I was 30 or so. However, I have to agree with Edgy--even with this beat up body, I am still in far better condition than those that have spent their lives as couch potatoes.

If only I could be that young again:)

Muscle pains and stiffness does not bother me as much as losing eyesight and hearing:(
What I am most annoyed with is the amount of time it takes to recover from what most would consider minor illnesses, like a cold or flu.I use to recover from a cold in a couple of days now its a couple of weeks:(

Muscle pains and stiffness, aches and mid life crisis, much better than the alternative.....

Happy Birthday Tex!

I agree TC ... growin' old beats dyin' young !

im almost 30.. i know U boys got some birthdays on me but. i feel ya. i notice alot of things now that i def didnt 5 years ago.. its all good tho.

I just wanna let the girls out there know that my back is ok though. (smiley)

I know you gals were wondering

BTW, that makes me laugh every time I see it

pcduck said:
What I am most annoyed with is the amount of time it takes to recover from what most would consider minor illnesses, like a cold or flu.I use to recover from a cold in a couple of days now its a couple of weeks:(

hey pcduck.. im not saying you should or shouldnt do this but. look up "collidal silver" some people will tell you "its bad dont take it" but i sware by it. i got staff infection about 2 years ago and ever sence then i would get an infection in every single cut i got.. paper cuts, anything. i started drinking like a tablespoon a day of this stuff and BAM.. gone. no more infections.. i havent been sick sence then ether. i started to get a cold one time and i drank like 3 table spoons, 2 times a day and i fought that cold off in like 3 days.. again.. not saying you should or shouldnt try it.. just puting it out there. peace

Lol well today i got well old hit half a century and tomorrow i shall get my daughter to film her ole man working out on the punchbag @ a local gym to show ya that ya either have it or ya dont.
Think i may fall into the latter catagory btw.
Rotflmao.
T4

I've been noticing a stiffness in my fingers
Hopefully it spread to your fingers and did not permanently transfer there..which reminds me of a lil joke...

2 scariest moments in a mans life???

First time he can't aquire "stiffness" twice...and the second time he cannot aquire "stiffness" once. :)

Latest posts

Back