I am puzzled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunkbunk

Weed A.I.
Reaction score
Can someone clear this up for me. I just don't get how a 1"SDR thinwall PVC Fitting fits into a standard 1: Tee. Here is what i downloaded from a PVC site

"SDR PVC pipe has the same outside diameter as Schedule 40 for the same nominal size, but its wall thickness is less (it's thinner and lighter).

Here's a comparison for 1/2 inch pipe:

Schedule 40: outside diameter: .840 in.; inside diameter: .608 in.; wall thickness: .232 in.
SDR PVC: outside diameter: .840 in.; inside diameter: .696 in.; wall thickness: .144 in. ""

If they both have the same OD, how does the 1" thinwall PVC slide into the 1" Tee. It seems like the SDR would be too big to fit. What am i missing here. I am trying to finish my 11 pot system and i would like to buy the inserts to fasten my bottles. I am just confused how they fit together if the OD's are the same.

Okay, i am retarded. I totally lost concept of the 1" tee being where the insert would go. Duh. It has nothing to do with the OD, It's the wall thickness that allows the Bottle cap to fit. Sorry, I know i was high when i posted this originally.

I PICKED THE WRONG DAY TO STOP SNIFFING GLUE!!!

11%20P9.jpe

Latest posts

Back