I believe I'm about to dive into CO2...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
As the title says, I believe I'm about to make the purchases needed for CO2 in one of my tents. To do this, I don't really want to mess around and was thinking an Autopilot would help my cause, especially since I'll be using a 20lb bottle etc. Seems the Autopilot is a good bang for your buck option?
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Autopilot-Digital-Controller-Fuzzy-Logic/dp/B008NNPHWC[/ame]

Also, any advice on doing this in a tent? I know that leaks are notorious, and I will be injecting a bit more CO2 due to leakage, but that's why I wanted to pick up the decent digital CO2 controller. Also, I'll be adjusting my ducting. I'll purchase a new fan for my lights just to cool them, and setup exhaust with my timer.. or something. Basically, I'm just starting to wrap my head around it, and really think I could do this somewhat efficiently :D

Any and all thoughts please? OH!.. I'm using two, 600w HPS enclosed hoods in the tent. Any other specs I need to mention?

With co2 I dont beleieve you are able to use exhaust fan..I dont use co2 but I know nost don't use them..if you coukd use both I would use co2 also..tech

I have the Autopilot and like it a lot.

You can have your temp controller turn on the exhaust when needed and it will turn off the co2 automatically with this power pack that comes with it.

Nice! Yeah, that's my goal is to time my exhaust with the Autopilot so that I can optimize PPM uptake. Going to research on how much I should be exchanging, but I believe it's once an hour or something like that. I'll look as much into it as possible.

Thanks for that Growdude. It looks like the bees knees when it comes to that type of controller.

With co2 I dont beleieve you are able to use exhaust fan..I dont use co2 but I know nost don't use them..if you coukd use both I would use co2 also..tech

What I am doing is using a set of motorized dampers to redirect my fan to either draw straight thru or to exhaust my room when needed.

Motorized dampers, instead of two exhaust setups? Hmmmmm interested! :)

Nice! Yeah, that's my goal is to time my exhaust with the Autopilot so that I can optimize PPM uptake. Going to research on how much I should be exchanging, but I believe it's once an hour or something like that. I'll look as much into it as possible.

Thanks for that Growdude. It looks like the bees knees when it comes to that type of controller.

I think what you will find that in a tent your heat is going to dictate when you will need to exhaust your tent.
The co2 will rise quick but it will cycle a lot and use a lot of co2.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy another fan and run ducting from outside through lights then right back out, and have another setup to exhaust the room.

Where do you see the benefits? good air exchange will meet all the CO2 requirements of the plant.

Where do you see the benefits? good air exchange will meet all the CO2 requirements of the plant.

If you over feed a fat kid cake, everyday.. he will get much fatter at a substantial rate.

That's my goal with the CO2 :D

You will see it in speed of growth esp. in vegg.
But it does need to have an increase in nutes and heat ~85f to really see the benefits.

Don't you really want enhanced lumens, too, to take full advantage of CO2--like a lot more light?

I figured 1200watts between my two hoods in my tent was enough.

Don't you really want enhanced lumens, too, to take full advantage of CO2--like a lot more light?

That's how I roll:bong:

Ok, I can do that too :) How should I enhance my 4.5' x 4.5' x 7' tent? It currently has two 600w lights in Yield Master Classic II hoods. Would I use side lighting of some sort, or maybe add an LED?

I'm all ears. :D

No reason to put NOS on daily driver.

If you're not going to build the car from the block up and stroke it, why even try?

Lumens are for my feet, what's the umols? If you have a 4x4tent with 2400 watts I would say you're getting close, but cooling might be a issue. That issue means spiking and dropping the temps all day long to keep cool. Which leads to shorter intake times, which leads to wasted CO2, not to mention the tents aren't really conducive for trying to create an atmosphere(temps,humidity, co2),more like an environment instead(dark, light, yada)

But I can respect the want to try, first thing you need to do is grab a bunch of can of this
To fix that boat captin.
http://t.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-12-oz-LeakSeal-Black-Spray-265494/203165631/

Ok, I can do that too :) How should I enhance my 4.5' x 4.5' x 7' tent? It currently has two 600w lights in Yield Master Classic II hoods. Would I use side lighting of some sort, or maybe add an LED?

I'm all ears. :D

Smart to think to add a supplemental spectrum instead of just more watts, maybe a uv, or 10k T-5s

I've also considered eliminating my two tents and combining all four of my 600w lights and framing out a room. Maybe I should just save the CO2 idea for when I make that room.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! This is why I come here :)

Latest posts

Back