I figured out a way to get extreme close up pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechaniMan

Reaction score
Something came to me out of the blue so I decided to try it and it worked out excellent. I thought I would share here so it would help people get some better pictures of their own trichomes. I have a jewelers loupe which we all know does not magnify that well. It struck me to just try and stick this thing directly up against the camera lens on my phone and then use it to take pictures. I hope it helps somebody out, here take a look for yourself. You can even zoom in with your phone and get even closer if you can hold it steady

Attachments

• 20220706_164652.jpg
    20220706_164652.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220706_164151.jpg
    20220706_164151.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220706_164121.jpg
    20220706_164121.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220706_163518.jpg
    20220706_163518.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220706_163902.jpg
    20220706_163902.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 11
Something came to me out of the blue so I decided to try it and it worked out excellent. I thought I would share here so it would help people get some better pictures of their own trichomes. I have a jewelers loupe which we all know does not magnify that well. It struck me to just try and stick this thing directly up against the camera lens on my phone and then use it to take pictures. I hope it helps somebody out, here take a look for yourself. You can even zoom in with your phone and get even closer if you can hold it steady
I got one of these off Amazon for 20 bucks. Best investment ever to get a great picture. Just slide it over your cellphone to the little camera. I still need to turn my fans off and hold my breath to get the best shot of trichomes tho
50A56874-3579-4C5C-8504-FDABB19B33EE.jpeg

I got one of these off Amazon for 20 bucks. Best investment ever to get a great picture. Just slide it over your cellphone to the little camera. I still need to turn my fans off and hold my breath to get the best shot of trichomes tho
View attachment 302261
I finally broke down and ordered it. Thanks for the motivation MMan and SubG

I have been a sucker and bought all sorts of magnification trinkets. You are getting great pics with that one.

For about 20 bucks, I bought one gmo found. It's a short tube with cord that plugs in phone.
Using a program from website you can view, take pics, etc.

I just place it flat against any surface, top of your leg for example, just focus
On material pants are made of, focus sharp. Then pressing it against bud. Your method is super simple, I like it.

Most of the difficulty with these devices is trying to keep bud and device at a constant distance from each other, and in focus. Once I am pre focused, I steady bud with one hand, and gently press viewer against bud..

I am a firm believer in simple. I have a clip on phone version, mine didn't work well for me, but it was a cheapie. I like the jeweler loop and phone combo, big fan of K.I.S.S.

Balanced with Einstein's "everything should be as simple as possible, but no simpler" proposition.

Bubba

I guess I should try that one? One more can't hurt.

Bubba

I have been a sucker and bought all sorts of magnification trinkets. You are getting great pics with that one.

For about 20 bucks, I bought one gmo found. It's a short tube with cord that plugs in phone.
Using a program from website you can view, take pics, etc.

I just place it flat against any surface, top of your leg for example, just focus
On material pants are made of, focus sharp. Then pressing it against bud. Your method is super simple, I like it.

Most of the difficulty with these devices is trying to keep bud and device at a constant distance from each other, and in focus. Once I am pre focused, I steady bud with one hand, and gently press viewer against bud..

I am a firm believer in simple. I have a clip on phone version, mine didn't work well for me, but it was a cheapie. I like the jeweler loop and phone combo, big fan of K.I.S.S.

Balanced with Einstein's "everything should be as simple as possible, but no simpler" proposition.

Bubba
I like the jewelers loop and phone combo too. Good idea

I like the jewelers loop and phone combo too. Good idea
I didn't realize they made something like that. I was just standing there with my phone in one hand and my Jeweler's Loupe in the other and BOOM it hit me. I'm pretty amazed at how well it actually works. Pictures I posted at the beginning of the thread were only taken on 3x magnification because too much beyond that and it becomes really hard to keep it from shaking. I'm sure it would be simple enough to mount my phone on a tripod and get really really close up. I'll try it and post more pics.

I’m sure they make a stronger one than I have but with practice and a few shots you can get a great picture. I don’t have room in my tent for a tripod so I figured it works for me and to show others to calm me down if I get anxious and need to hear two more weeks 😁

I’m sure they make a stronger one than I have but with practice and a few shots you can get a great picture. I don’t have room in my tent for a tripod so I figured it works for me and to show others to calm me down if I get anxious and need to hear two more weeks 😁
Well I found some Amber trichomes on one of my plants out on the sugar leaves. trichomes on the bud itself are still just milky. I'm guessing 2 more weeks. 🤣

Attachments

• 20220707_101244.jpg
    20220707_101244.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220707_095949.jpg
    20220707_095949.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220707_101310.jpg
    20220707_101310.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 302261
I have that same one. Works great.

Attachments

• IMG_20220717_201553694.jpg
    IMG_20220717_201553694.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back