I get no noticable effects from a joint - common???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guppy

Reaction score
The first time I had a joint (couple of years ago), I felt no different. Decided to have another go earlier this week and got some good stuff, had the complete joint to myself. Held the smoke in etc and zip, nada, nothing. I felt so cheated :mad: . A shared joint between two others had them buzzing and happy.

Is this common. Thoughts. Suggestions?

Guppy said:
The first time I had a joint (couple of years ago), I felt no different. Decided to have another go earlier this week and got some good stuff, had the complete joint to myself. Held the smoke in etc and zip, nada, nothing. I felt so cheated :mad: . A shared joint between two others had them buzzing and happy.

Is this common. Thoughts. Suggestions?
I think even with low grade pot you would get some kind of buzz. Nobody is immune to THC.

I think someone is playing with you. You may want to check out the person who sold you the pot. You're smoking an expensive Marlboro.

Stoney Bud said:
I think someone is playing with you. You may want to check out the person who sold you the pot. You're smoking an expensive Marlboro.

The first time was with someone I would have trusted with my life and he had been around long enough to not get ripped off, and he certainly would have known if it wasn't the real thing.

Second time was from a friend, and he gave it to me for nothing. He and his mate had the same and got a good buzz, so both times it was just me.

maybe it was just real crapy pot! A long time ago I got my friend to smoke for the first time. After we had smoked I was high and he tried to say he wasent but I know he was. I got him to smoke a few times and he always said that he wasent high. That sucks to smoke and mot get high.

CHRONIC_COVERED_HASH said:
hey guppy did your mouth get dry, or did you get the munchies ofter???

Was prepared for the munchies, but didn't get them. My mouth got dry :p and I felt a bit like I had a hangover the next day :( .

I'm feeling a bit bummed. My friend and his mate were pretty surprised, but it's almost like I've set them a challenge, so maybe next time...

I was kinda hoping to find out that it just doesn't affect some people, but it sure doesn't look that way.

First couple of times with my lover, I had just figured that it was because I was already on a huge emotional high.

The other night I was in the pits of depression, and all I got was a bit light-headed (but I think that was more from the deep inhaling and trying to hold it in as long as poss) and a yucky mouth (really not into smoking, but it's the simplest).

Guppy said:
and I felt a bit like I had a hangover the next day .

Man that sucks. Thats never happend to me. Sounds like you been smoking swag??? Donno

You said it! **** big time!!

Swag?? Dunno what that is. I mixed with some drum tobacco so it could have been from that. Going to try it straight up next time and see how it goes. If negatives without any positives again, I'll give up and just stick to the booze.

Guppy said:
You said it! **** big time!!

Swag?? Dunno what that is. I mixed with some drum tobacco so it could have been from that. Going to try it straight up next time and see how it goes. If negatives without any positives again, I'll give up and just stick to the booze.
Why would you mix regular tobacco with weed? Gag!

I can gaurentee you man, if you sit with me and smoke a joint of my weed, you'll be stoned on your ass for at least a couple of hours.

Sounds like maybe you smoked too much tabacco and not enough weed and maybe your friends are lightweights and get high on crappy weed that doesn't affect you because you're putting tobacco in it as well.

Get yourself some bud. about enough for a joint. Put it all by itself into a pipe and take medium sized tokes and hold each toke in as long as possible. Keep doing this until ALL the weed is gone. Don't share it, don't mix it, just smoke it all by yourself.

If you don't get high, then check your pulse, you may be dead.

yes lose the tobacco....and it does sound like schag....Bro...don't you dare get him baked

without me :p

you have to lose the tobacco. You dont wanna smoke with tobacco in it, that just sounds like it taste like s**t. Smoke the herb by its self then post.

LdyLunatic said:
yes lose the tobacco....and it does sound like schag....Bro...don't you dare get him baked without me :p
Hahhahahaahaha! I'll get the guy so stoned, he'll be jumpin into the frozen food isle to get rid of the munchies! Crunch, crunch, crunch.

Stoney Bud said:
I'll get the guy so stoned, he'll be jumpin into the frozen food isle to get rid of the munchies!

Already ditched the tobacco (blah!). And this guppy is no 'he' ;)

Guppy said:
Already ditched the tobacco (blah!). And this guppy is no 'he' ;)
Hhahaahahahaa, sorry, it's hard to tell boy and girl guppies apart!

Good luck to you. Let me know how your next try at a high goes!

Stoney Bud said:
Hhahaahahahaa, sorry, it's hard to tell boy and girl guppies apart!

*LOL* I'll give you that. Online it is hard to tell. Much easier when you can see the guppy. One would hope then that you would be able to tell that this is a girl guppy :)

Well I've decided to try ingesting rather than smoking it this time:eek:. Although I have been getting no effects, I didn't want to overdo it and have possible bad consequences, so I've had a small amount soaking in alcohol for about a week.

Tonight I've had 3 cans of Southern and Coke (about to have #4), and I've downed the shot (strained) that has been soaking for a week . So far, not sure....a bit light headed but I'm not sure if it's the THC kicking in or just the booze.

I know it's going to take longer to work this way (how long?) so here's hoping I get a nice buzz soon. Wish me luck ;) as I have to do this alone and I'm doing it for all the wrong reasons (my lover died).

Okay, update. Bit of a buzz that way, but not a good buzz, and realistically not much (but I really didn't have much).

Now having said that, and given that I am really very, very green....I REALLY want/need a real buzz, but I also do not want to harm myself. Soooo, given that smoking didn't really do much (and that I really don't enjoy smoking), if I go the soak in alcohol route again (is this a good option???), what's the max weight (assuming good stuff) that I could soak and then safely down in one go, particularly given that I will be alone when I do this? Any other suggestions (that can be undertaken in secrecy from other household members)?

Crazy mixed up (female) guppy who needs a bit of feel good

Guppy said:
Okay, update. Bit of a buzz that way, but not a good buzz, and realistically not much (but I really didn't have much).

Now having said that, and given that I am really very, very green....I REALLY want/need a real buzz, but I also do not want to harm myself. Soooo, given that smoking didn't really do much (and that I really don't enjoy smoking), if I go the soak in alcohol route again (is this a good option???), what's the max weight (assuming good stuff) that I could soak and then safely down in one go, particularly given that I will be alone when I do this? Any other suggestions (that can be undertaken in secrecy from other household members)?

Crazy mixed up (female) guppy who needs a bit of feel good
Hey Gup, using booze or dope for relief from mental anguish isn't what it's for and it seldom works.

Talk to someone you trust about your pain and deal with it instead of masking it with anything.

Try the weed another time when you're in the mood to party. THAT'S what it's for!

Seriously hun, talk to someone. If you like, even though you don't know me, I'd be glad to listen and offer any advice or help I can. PM me if you wish to.

Good luck to you. Stick in there.

The only time i feel no effects is if I don't smoke enough (high tolerence) or I've been impatient and pulled off a bud before its ready. Try some stronger pot ;)

Latest posts

Back