I gotta "Q" to ask

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluntFullOfKush

I smell SMOKE!!!!!
Reaction score
whats up im still really early in my grow jus a week sence it sprouted, but i wanna ask something be4 i 4get and it becomes a problum. this iz just a lil test grow i jus got some kush and skunk seeds but i aint even messing wit them untill i get the hang of this.....my next grow.

my 1st Q in a such compact space that im useing would only let me reach a 6" height, so, how soon can i start bending and training them so they can grow side ways?? I already know it would cause stress on the plant and itll have to be held down.
well gotta go :bolt:

IMAGE_054.jpg

IMAGE_061.jpg

BluntFullOfKush said:
whats up im still really early in my grow jus a week sence it sprouted, but i wanna ask something be4 i 4get and it becomes a problum. this iz just a lil test grow i jus got some kush and skunk seeds but i aint even messing wit them untill i get the hang of this.....my next grow.

my 1st Q in a such compact space that im useing would only let me reach a 6" height, so, how soon can i start bending and training them so they can grow side ways?? I already know it would cause stress on the plant and itll have to be held down.
well gotta go :bolt:
We start training our plants when they are about 2 weeks old. However i have seen them done before that. With such a limited amount of space i would start training them now.

and what would be the best way 2 do that while they are small ima post some pics to show u. i think they are growing slow compared to other pics i seen posted thats close to the same age as mine i will have the height and a new pic within the hr

BluntFullOfKush said:
and what would be the best way 2 do that while they are small ima post some pics to show u. i think they are growing slow compared to other pics i seen posted thats close to the same age as mine i will have the height and a new pic within the hr
Well we just take a small piece of string put it around the plant. Pull the plant over real slow i say about half way and tape the string to the side of your pot.

Is it even possible to keep it under 6 inches, even with LST?

im not sure biff, one of my plants iz 2" and the other1 iz 1ina1/2" and they are only 1week old. iz that strang????and the tallest one peddle leaves are turning yellow, iz that ok???i havent feed any ferts and the other leaves are green, they working on there 1st full set of leaves

Yellowing is never something you want but it's also not time for food of any sort. Is it the round looking leaves that are doing it?

Those little 'peddle' leaves are called cotyldons, the first 2 round leaves from seed, and they will die off.

Just thinking out loud, but can he LST them and maybe move the lights to the sides? I would have to agree with Biffdoggie, gonna be a challenge.

it's the small round 1's, i jus tied them down and mist then with co2 water. i spray them 2-3 times a day the spray is real fine and they seem to love it

they'll like it until they get older.... or unless u have hid lighting... but if ur growin in a 6" space u should be good to go... no misting while flowering tho!

Hey Kade are you sure about the no misting flowers. I am new and don't know sqaut, But I was watching the video on youtube with the guy with the green face paint, He was showing how to feed the plant co2 when they were flowering and he said you could just spray bubble water on them if you couldn't do the big co2 tank. Maybe I didn't understand , But if I am wrong I don't want to ruin my buds.

Well under hid lighting you can burn the leaves from the light.... if u must buds u have a high risk of mold growing... it isn't that it'll kill the plant... but u can ruin the buds ez

ok, no pics yet ima have to send it to my other email plus the ones i took after i tied them down, i decided to leave my tub open with the light still hanging ova it, i waz getting kinda worried thet my stem waznt getting thick so i decides to move the fan from above to blowing to the side so i jus set it in there, i checked the temp and it still stay at a good 75-82*. they are growing slow to me they will be a month on the 11th and they still dont have a full set of leaves:confused: iz that normal????and if not what can i do to fix it????ima get some more lights very soon if thats the problum. i currently have 4 cfls 2 25 watts and 2 15 watts and i jus need a replacement 18" bulb for my flore that ima put on the side ima buy 1 more so i can have 1 on both sides, however ima get 5more 25 watters replace the 2 15watts and hang 3more.i THINK that would be enough light for them.:bong: i really wanna get this right so i can start on my kush and skunk seeds.

They should be doing better than that under CFL's as far as growth goes.

As KADE said, misting during flower for no purpose but to get them wet is asking for trouble (mold, bud-rot and light burn if the lights are on). Foliar feeding can be an advantage but you want to either apply them in the dark with enough time to let it be dealt with before the lights come on and watch the humidity levels very well or, there is a product called Penetrator from Dutch Masters that allows you to apply foliars with the lights on (not a plug!).
All it does is stop the fluid from forming beads on the leaves, which basically causes little magnafying glasses and burns the leaves. I have used it and it works. I use it a little while before the lights come on to play it safe and haven't had a problem.

Dp you intend to do the Kush and Skunk in this 6" area?

BluntFullOfKush said:
what can i go to get them bigger???
no ima have a set up by then

I am new also, journal with pics going. I found when first starting out the easiest mistake to make was overwatering. I watched them very closely, and it seemed the largest growth spurts they had were on the 'dry' days just before watering. The pots would appear really dry but the girls were looking really good (no wilting), so I would resist and wait one more day before watering again. This, and using the weight method worked really well for me. I started some in small pots, and some in large, and the girls in the smaller pots were much easier to judge. Interesting also is that all of them that were started in small pots and transferred 3 or 4 times in 30 days actually have passed up the others that started in big pots and were never transplanted.

is there anything i can do besides water less to help them grow faster???and if so should i also mist them once a day instead of 2 or 3 times??? they on day 10 2day and i only watered twice. they seem to be doing good jus growing at a slow pace.

I have actually never misted my girls, being new, just seemed like more risk of damage. I have to constantly remind myself that MJ will grow fine and take care of itself, happens all the time in the wild, through droughts, hail, beasties, whatever - if I keep that in mind it seems to help.

Remember that bigger pots hold more water and take mare time to dry out. I know transplanting causes stress but that may be better than more water then they can take up you want to avoid root rot. I always thought it best to let the soil dry some before adding water. It is better to have not enough than too much when it comes to MJ or any plants for that matter. Too much can kill while not enough is easier to correct IMHO. You just hang in there, I am. Here is my grow: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7377

Latest posts

Back