I have been "Marijuan-icaly" ReBorn, in another State...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedwoodsman

Yes I Cannabis
Reaction score
Hi Group,

I'm an older member of this Great Forum, who was last active here back in 2014.

I was a Grower from Connecticut, who had a very successful Garden, until the Chopper & troops came ...
I was placed in a North Korean Forced Work Camp [in Connecticut] beat daily, force-fed gruel and made to sleep naked in the dirt, by the masochist prison guards, in Bridgeport Connecticut.
I've been "Reborn Marijuan-icaly", by Liberating myself from the Decadance and Middle-Ages Mentality, of The State of [Confusion ?] Connecticut, and moved to The Pine Tree State of MAINE.

...FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, THAT I'M FREE AT LAST"...

* * * MAINE HAS LEGAL WEED! ! !
There IS MORE Pot up here than Mexico!
Hell, literally little old ladies grow it as a cash crop here.

I've been to The Darkness and have been Reborn Anew, in Maine...."The way Life Should Be" as the State slogan says!

Anyhow-hello to All, and a question or two...

Last year my first full year in Maine, I grew a phenomenal crop of seedz from my 2013 Garden, which sent me away, for my dastardly botanical crime, for six months.

It was Karma, people.....
I just HAD to reproduce the tremendous success that I had with the great genetics, which I had initially bought from the Toronto Seed Bank. (My garden from 2013).

I grew the following strains: Jack's Cleaner II, Cherynobyl, White Widow, G-13, an Old School Skunk, S.F.V.Blue Chem, & Black Domina.

THIS year I want to grow mostly HAZE, pure mind-numbing HAZE and one or two of the Orange taste/smell strains.

I'm getting sick of 'couch-lock Indicas...

My questions to everyone reading are:
1) - What is the most potent Haze that you've ever tried? (or know of?).
2)-What is the most Potent and Most Flavorful of the Orange Strains, that you know of?

Lastly Who is your favorite Seed Bank?
Where do you buy your seedz?

Thanking everyone in advance!
Happy Spring today at 5:58 PM to all my U.S. Brothers & Sisters!
…...now, IF I could only SEE my ground, under 4 -5' of Snow, I might be able to start gardening....
Ahh, by next month...

Love, Peace and Good Weed to All!

The Stoned Woodsman.
"I'M BAAACK"

Welcome back!

Are you planning on growing outdoors? I ask because most hazes are really long flowering and they may not have time to finish in Maine. I am in Eastern Oregon and I cannot get hazes to finish before it gets too cold and we loose too much light. It takes my sativa dominant plants until the middle of October to finish. I always have frost before they are finished and have to cover them.

Are you wanting Hazes for their up type high or something else?

I smoked an organge kush that was sativa dom. Also I had very good luck with growing chocolope OD, finished first, got a ton. lovely smoke. I agree with Umbra, nothing wrong with a nice tangie.

Thanks to All who replied to my questions.
YES- I will be growing outdoors. (I'll be starting seeds by April 1 indoors).

Whoops, I didn't finish my reply.....[I need more Coffee...].
Yes, I'll be growing outdoors, starting seeds within two weeks, will grow indoors until May1st.'
I want to grow mostly Haze, for the UP High & Energy.
I'll be getting Feminized seeds (or possibly clones, but they will co$t more, so I'll most probably go with Feminized seeds.
(Does anyone like 'Auto Flowering' seeds/clones?).
Does one get the same growth with either Feminized seeds or auto flowering, as 'Regular' seeds?

Now....all I need is for my FOUR FEET of Snow cover to melt so I can SEE the ground, to garden....

Thanks!

Stonedwoodsman - Western Maine

No you don't get the same growth with auto flowering as you would with a photo period plant. Being feminized as nothing to do with yield. And obviously you can't clone an auto

Yes autos are pretty much limited to seeds...but you might get a couple complete grows in a season with autos...you’ll need more than one season or a lotta plants as they will flower before they get too big...Can’t clone’m cuz once they pop, the clock is tickin... I grow some autos outside since they are fast and small...I have very close neighbors so I want them small and fast...

I am really really going to recommend that you do not plant all (or even mostly) hazes. There are a lot of strains out there that have up energetic highs that are not hazes (and don't take 12-16 weeks to flower). I have serious concerns about them not getting done before the days get too short and it gets too cold, especially in Maine. What is your latitude and when do you generally get your first frost?

I would suggest going to Leafly and looking for up energetic strains. I like both Satori and Green Crack for up energetic highs.

Hi Hemp Goddess,
Yes, ok, I agree with you about growing ALL Haze, due to the long flowering time required. I'll try some, but not 100%.
I'll look into strains through Leafly, but my main 'go to' research site is 'Seedfinders'.
My Latitude and Longitude are as follows: [PERU, MAINE------44.5192 (LAT) - 70.4627 (LONG) and my Region for growth is classified as: T k S (Through Seedfinders.com)
And my U.S.D.A. Growth Zone is: 5 A.

I don't live in the 'Arctic' as everyone thinks of Maine.
Last Summer was waay too hot and sunny, but it was great growing for tomatoes and Weed!
I COULD bring some plants inside IF they're not don flowering by say October 15th or so.

I WOULD like to find other strains with an Energetic/UP High (similar to what Haze produces.
I'm just really tired of smoking Inidcas, they don't really do much for me, and I DON'T want 'Couch Lock' you know!

I'll keep up with my research, and asking good questions to the knowledgeable memners of our Great site!

Thanks, HG

Stonedwoodsman , Western Maine.....(currently Snowing, with 4" of cottony, fluffy, beauty).

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL--I doubt that you are going to bring a haze indoors in the middle of October. At least I hope you won't be able to. A haze grown outdoors under good conditions should be at least 6-8' tall and have a diameter of 5' or more. I understand that Maine is not the arctic, but your latitude dictates the hours of daylight you have and a USDA growth zone of 5A tells me that you probably have frost the last half of Sept. I live in almost the same latitude as you do and my USDA growth zone is 6A. We have incredibly hot summers here--last year we had 6 straight weeks of temps over 100--it is just arid instead of humid. Sorry about your weather--my weather today is 67 with 26% RH.

Leafly will give you the attributes of a lot of different strains. I believe that it has a lot of different information than Seedfinder.

Hi H.G.

I have a small barn IF I needed to put some plants in, but yes, it wouldn' t be easy. (Nothing new for me...).

I have been in Maine since October 2, 2017 [the same day that Tom Petty died]---> which was a little freaky for me, unloading my 26' u-haul truck all day, listening to the reports, and ALL of his music.
But, that first Autumn, it was warm, and my area didn't have any frost until nearly November.
Last year, I was outside and literally cutting/trimming plants down and it started snowing, and accumulating.
That was October 17th...
- So sure I'm considering sunlight [length of daylight] & temperature, as I do with my 60+ houseplants [which go out in May, and back in by Oct.], along with a veggie garden.
I'm a Gardener at heart, and have been doing it ever since I was a kid, having picked up my 'green-thumb' from my Parents.

You mention your temperature in Oregon (didn't you move, or want to back in 2014? I think you were East and wanted to live in the West of Oregon)?
My temperatures haven't been much above the mid 40's in the daytime, and nights JUST got out of single digits, and are now 28 - low thirties.
I have 4+ feet of snow cover in my backyard, with snow literally up to the eaves of my house, from all Winter.
We just started melting last week.

Last week, before the warmer temperatures arrived, I walked around the perimeter of my yard, to take photos of the snow and the roof eaves to snow length Icicles!

COOL, gorgeous, I Love Snow!

But...as long as I was able to walk on TOP of the snow cover I was alright.
However, every so often I would 'crunch' through, and my leg would go down, and I was up to my crouch in deep snow.
Kinda floundering around like a giraffe stuck in a dep mud bog!
I has started to melt this past week, but really it's just the tip of the iceberg.
Anyhow-
I just put Leafly on my desktop, and will use it daily for information.

Thanks for the good info!

Time for a puff or more...

'Talk with you again Goddess.

The Stonedwoodsman, from Glacial-Melt Maine

I've been growing in Vermont for many years, I would also have to join with everyone saying beware of Haze's in Northern New England.
I've seen snow as early as October 4th and heavy frosts can happen in September and WILL happen in October, and you won't get the hours of good sunlight you need to finish a nice Haze.
I'm budding out some Super Citrus Haze by Growers Choice Seeds that has definite possibilities as a keeper.
I prefer to use True North Seedbank in Ontario, fast delivery, the seeds come in breeder packs and they all popped in under 48 hours in a wet paper towel.
Welcome back to MP, there are a lot of good people on here.
Good luck in Maine, it's a great place to live.

Latest posts

Back