I have got something wierd going on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeStar21

Reaction score
All the tops of my plants are like bright green/yellow and the edges of the leaves are curling under. It doesn't look like they are wilting b/c its just the tips that are curling down. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I have enclosed a pic to help you guys help me out. I have my HPS light on so the color isn't right.

plant.JPG

Questions:
Soil or Hydro?
check the PH?
How far along?
How many gal. are your pots?
Fert?
How often do you water if soil?

I bought the clones and planted them in their 2 gallon pots and the have been growing since dec 6. I only checked one of the six plants and the soil Ph was around a 6. I just changed the light cycle to 12 hours a day. But they have had this condition before I changed the light cycle. I was using schultzs plant food (10-15-10 w/ micronutrients). I water normally once a day and give them 300-350ml of water per plant.

Sidenote. I was gone for 2 days and I didn't water the plants this was during the new years eve. They were really wilted when I came back but I just gave them some water and they perked back up in a couple hours. i don't think that is related to other shit I am just telling just in case.

Thanks for your help.

This is a generic answer.
Leaves curling down, top part yellow, and all leaf tips curling down with a little yellow starting at the tips (looks like the beginning of burn) is a sign of nutrient deficiency. your PH is right where it should be.

If you are watering every day, this is assuming that the soil is very dry each day, these are symptoms of rootbound. You will need to transplant to a bigger pot. My current grow I have a 2' plant it was in a 2 gAL. bucket. (wait...deja vu when reading your post). The leaves started curling and the top yellowed. I put it in a 3 gal. bucket and it perking right up. When I pulled it the soil was compacted and roots every where. It was stunting the growth and depleting nutrients too fast.

If you are @ 2' tall plants and in 2 gal. pots you are rootbound. for every 1' topside growth you need 1 gallon min. of pot size. I would get into at least a 3 gallon (5 gal. is the best).

I thought I would give you the two answers for the symptoms, but rootbound is your problem.

Hey Mutt thanks alot for your suggestion of rootbound. That is exactly what it was. I cut open the pots to move them to 5 gal. containers and all the roots were mashed at the bottom and lightly on the sides. Thanks alot Bro your help was much appreciated. I was going to post a pic of the root bottoms but the camera was out of batteries.

Latest posts

Back