I have Nat Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilbgrower

Reaction score
Hello

I have a Nat problem an I don't know how to deal with them, I have a cup of water by the plants that seams to be their biggest downfall but I just can seam to figure out how to get rid of them completely any suggestions anybody???

Thanks
lbg:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Sierra Naturals makes a soil drench specific for gnats.

You can also use the potato trap method to get you by until you purchase product. Quarter a potato, lay it on the top of the soil. The gnats will crawl from the soil to the potato pieces to eat. Everyday, just throw away the larvae covered potato pieces and replace with new.

good luck

Fungus gnats or gnats? Had both last month and used fly strips and mosquito dunks (Bacillus thuringiensis or BT) on top of soil (to kill larvae). Apple cider vinegar didn't work. Neither did diatomateous earth or sand on top of soil. Also try live Nematodes.

trillions of atoms said:
Diotomaticous earth. Spelling? Lol

Sprinkle some on top of effected soil

:yeahthat:

and than be sure to bottom feed/water for a week or more...other wise you wash it out...as Im sure all top dressings would...the fly strips work well for the flying ones...but those are not harmful to plants ...its the larvae we want to kill...

:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
:yeahthat:

and than be sure to bottom feed/water for a week or more...other wise you wash it out...as Im sure all top dressings would...the fly strips work well for the flying ones...but those are not harmful to plants ...its the larvae we want to kill...

:48:
....yuuuuup and gnats are primarily a product of over watering/keeping soil too moist. Allow pots to dry significantly between waterings ;)

Well I believe their gnats, I done a lil google search on these lil pests.....
An they say to use apple cider vinager that didn't work...they also say to use Dawn dishsoap but I didn't try that one...the best trick seems to be a cup of water by the plants an it traps the flyers....I will try the potato trick until I purchase some of that stuff.

Thanks a lot everyone :)

A couple inches of playground sand on top of your soil will help curb the reproduction too.

I gonna bring home some sand from work tmrw an wash it out then put it on them see what happens, the Azamax wash looks cool but dam its spendy...:)

Update: As of now I don't see any flying around, ive also stured the dirt around the plants an haven't seen anything moveing like I did in the past. All I used but constant fans an apple sider vinager

Did you try the sand as well or just the fans and vinegar?

I tride just the Vinager an fans....I did see one flyer in the room the other day an I squashed.....Their almost done in just a few weeks they should be showing harvest me :) :) so for the future lil ones I am keeping an eye on not over watering an future infestations.

aim at the larvae and not the flyers, usually when you see only a few flyers, there will still be quite a population of larvae

Fungus gnats are a PITA, My stepdad used to say the g in gnat stands for god!#$%* because he can't stand them. Even in hydro, I have seen them get into the reservoir and breed in the water. I use the yellow sensor strips on the tops of the pots and hanging up in the top of the tent. They keep the flyers from spreading too fast, and they let me know if I am getting an increase in gnat activity :)

I do..all natural all the time...prayin mantis is an excellent form of natural pest control...

image.jpg

Oh I used to have spiders all over the inside of my grow house for bug control but never could get any lady bugs or Mantises. What do they do when all the bugs have been eaten and there is no more food for them? The spiders seem to go dormant until the bugs get plentiful again.

Hushpuppy said:
Oh I used to have spiders all over the inside of my grow house for bug control but never could get any lady bugs or Mantises. What do they do when all the bugs have been eaten and there is no more food for them? The spiders seem to go dormant until the bugs get plentiful again.

Cannibals...

Ahh yes. Praying Mantis are voracious eaters, and very fast predators. I saw one catch a humming bird and eat the insides of it in short order. If they were the same size as Dinos, T-rex wouldn't compare :eek: Its a good thing they didn't evolve into human size creatures :eek:

Latest posts

Back