I have no idea what’s going in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for replying, I will definitely stop tap water.
thanks again
I use tap water, that's all I use. If you get on the website for your local water authority you should be able to view or download a water analysis test results. It's public info as it should be and It will tell you exactly what is in the water.

I use tap water, that's all I use. If you get on the website for your local water authority you should be able to view or download a water analysis test results. It's public info as it should be and It will tell you exactly what is in the water.
Thank you so much. I never thought about that. I really appreciate your help.

I was using a small amount but I quit giving it to them, b/c I was told the PH Perfect Advanced Nutrients,
The strain is Critical Mass
because what? I use Advanced Nute stuff, and their cal mag too. Maybe I am not reading right?

Bubba
Are you in soil? If so 5.8 and even 6 is a bit low and will cause nute lockout. Is your meter calibrated properly? I would contact AN to get their input on why the pH is in that range and what they recommend as a solution. My understanding is the nutes are buffered to maintain pH in optimal range(makes it harder for pH to swing one way or the other). I was going to get that line when I run out of nutes so this is interesting to me. View attachment 300536
I use those nutes (PH perfect advanced nutrients) and am a little mystified. My PH after adding nutes is around 5.ish.
I always bumped it up to "normal" 6.2-6.8 or so, but my last grow I did not adjust PH once. Not once just mixed them and used them. I had one of the greenest grows I have had in a while. It must be the "buffering" I guess. My PH meter is feeling left out.

Bubba

My tap is around 8. I dont use tap water straight for anything. I will not drink it or feed to pets. They and I get and cook with Aqua fina, water from my waterwise distiller or larger 8 gallon still or RO filtered. Ro filter makes it spot on PH wise for me......like he said, everyone's water is different. I wonder what those guys in Flint Michigan (I think it was ) gave out when folks asked there? I dont trust government, I assume the worst and proceed from there. Thus, the stills and RO filters. BTW, after RO, my particulate drops from 300 or so (if I run cold for a min or two) drops to 0-1 afterwards, so bear in mind all minerals are stripped out and you will need to add the essential ones of course.

In vegg
16561710256174365895356453595679.jpg

In Flower
16561709963844694307405860236335.jpg

because what? I use Advanced Nute stuff, and their cal mag too. Maybe I am not reading right?

Bubba

I use those nutes (PH perfect advanced nutrients) and am a little mystified. My PH after adding nutes is around 5.ish.
I always bumped it up to "normal" 6.2-6.8 or so, but my last grow I did not adjust PH once. Not once just mixed them and used them. I had one of the greenest grows I have had in a while. It must be the "buffering" I guess. My PH meter is feeling left out.

Bubba
Good info. I will need to get nutes for my indoor grow this fall. I am not a pH grower. I know that is considered heresy by a lot of folks. I have used GO organic line and recently Kelp4Less stuff. One time I tried GH 3 part stuff and had pH related issues. I may have just been lucky with the other stuff. I hope not.

I use my well water in hydro grows. I don't to the RO thing; I can't see paying money for nutes to put back what the RO removed.
I get that logic, but my water precludes that. You have been at it long enough to know what works for you,
wish I had that well. That said, some folks have had problems with theirs, so you are double blessed! Rain water seems to be cursed by some, always puzzled me it works outside! Must be something with using pots?

bubba

Latest posts

Back