I have some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottalovebud

Reaction score
I have 3 plants about 8 - 9 inches tall and from what i can see they are pretty healthy, but there a are some problems. They dont have nearly as many leaves as plants i have seen in pictures when they are that tall and they only have 3 leaves. Is this natural for plants this small or is something wrong? I meen i know it is good bud because i got the seeds from a friend from chicago and it was some of the best i have ever had. How big will my plants get? And how long till i get buds. I am growing outside in the woods and i have heard some rumors of people getting caught but my plot is surrounded by trees on all sides. Should i be worried? If you could leave me a response i would really appreciate it.

Later,
Gottalovebud

gottalovebud said:
I have 3 plants about 8 - 9 inches tall and from what i can see they are pretty healthy, but there a are some problems. They dont have nearly as many leaves as plants i have seen in pictures when they are that tall and they only have 3 leaves. Is this natural for plants this small or is something wrong? I meen i know it is good bud because i got the seeds from a friend from chicago and it was some of the best i have ever had. How big will my plants get? And how long till i get buds. I am growing outside in the woods and i have heard some rumors of people getting caught but my plot is surrounded by trees on all sides. Should i be worried? If you could leave me a response i would really appreciate it.

Later,
Gottalovebud
The reason you see plants with so many leaves at the same age as your plant is because of light. As you said your plant is in the woods so i would say it's not getting enough light. There is no telling how big your plant will get. Depending on where you live plants start budding outside about now until september or october.

There are numerous factors that affect the growth rate.
1, as already stated, is light. Marijuana craves light, the more the better.
2nd is soil composition. The dirt in the woods is usually nutrient-poor, and hard packed. To get full yield you need to dig holes 3' x 3', re-fill with quality potting soil and plant 1 plant per hole.
3rd is water and nutrients. Some soils come with nutrients already added. Great if organic, bad if chem. And you need to switch the N-P-K when the plant is in flowering. Frequent waterings, and allowing the soil to dry out between, is essential.
And last is to keep the plant pest-free and protected from herbivores like deer.

Failure to address all these factors mean a scrawny plant with a low yield of low potency buds.

Yeah, it's a lot of work, but how does the pay-off of a 6--18 oz. of buds per plant sound?
Worth it?
You tell me.

P.S. Actually, experienced growers can get up to 5 pounds of buds per plant.

Latest posts

Back