1. Bud of the Month: Frank's Gift grown by thegloman
    Dismiss Notice

i just got in my new light and blast

Discussion in 'Coffee Table' started by yogi dc, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Mar 27, 2006 #1

yogi dc

yogi dc

yogi dc

it does not look great but i only paid 35.00 from ebay. i am just getting ready to start my next grow. i also got a humidifier for 11.00.

DSCN1902.JPG

DSCN1904.JPG

2. Mar 27, 2006 #2

Mutt

Mutt

Mutt

Just a Dawg

Hey looks better than mine. Mine looks like it fell off an army surplus truck hahahaha. 400 watter huh. you'll be packin wieght on those girls now. :D

3. Mar 28, 2006 #3

GanjaGuru

GanjaGuru

GanjaGuru

I remember my first HPS, circa '88. Traded some pot for it (one of the many things I have "bought" with weed).

I got in 3rd-hand, from a guy who got it from a factory that was being demolished where is was usedfor who knows how long.
    It had a mechanical ballast, a huge heavy thing with wire's sticking out, totally ghetto-rigged.
    And it was LOUD, like a Pinto idling.
    I tried enclosing it to soundproof it but it got too hot. Even though I tried as hard as I could, I couldn't quiet it.
    The worst part was that the grow space was upstairs from my living room, and when people came over they noticed it.
    So until I could afford a new, quieter ballast only my closest friends could hang around in my living room, everyone else I visited with in the garage/rumpus room.
    What a relief when I finally switched. An easily-ignored hum.

AND
    The first indoor growbook I read, several months after I started, recommended changing the bulb every year. I had no idea how long that bulb had been used but I know for at least 3 years. I went out and bought a 430-watt full-spectrum bulb and man alive what a difference! It was probably more than twice as bright.

So yogi dc I recommend getting a new bulb for that set-up, and keep the old one for an emergency spare.

4. Mar 28, 2006 #4

Hick

Hick

Hick

Git "R" lit

I agree. Bulbs lose a lotta' intensity over time, they should be changed out yearly. Though that 'old bulb' may appear reeeeally bright, a new one will astound you, comparitively.
    I have a "Maintenance Program". I usually shut down during July, August due to heat issues. So before I re-star in the fall, I change out all bulbs, clean and disinfect, re-paint all reflective surfaces, clean and lube/check fans, ballasts, ect.

5. Mar 28, 2006 #5

yogi dc

yogi dc

yogi dc

The bllast has a soft humm and the blub is new. It came in a new box sealed.the seller said that the bllast had never been used. i already hooked it up. the lights are going to be a good addition to my grow closet. i will start i grow journal for my next grow. this time i did soil next time i going hydro. i already have everything i need for DWC for 4 plants.

6. Mar 28, 2006 #6

Weeddog

Weeddog

Weeddog

Tokin Dog

thats a great deal for $35...

7. Mar 28, 2006 #7

yogi dc

yogi dc

yogi dc

thanks weeddog, i got realy lucky when i found it.