i just got in my new light and blast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi dc

Reaction score
it does not look great but i only paid 35.00 from ebay. i am just getting ready to start my next grow. i also got a humidifier for 11.00.

DSCN1902.JPG

DSCN1904.JPG

Hey looks better than mine. Mine looks like it fell off an army surplus truck hahahaha. 400 watter huh. you'll be packin wieght on those girls now. :D

I remember my first HPS, circa '88. Traded some pot for it (one of the many things I have "bought" with weed).

I got in 3rd-hand, from a guy who got it from a factory that was being demolished where is was usedfor who knows how long.
It had a mechanical ballast, a huge heavy thing with wire's sticking out, totally ghetto-rigged.
And it was LOUD, like a Pinto idling.
I tried enclosing it to soundproof it but it got too hot. Even though I tried as hard as I could, I couldn't quiet it.
The worst part was that the grow space was upstairs from my living room, and when people came over they noticed it.
So until I could afford a new, quieter ballast only my closest friends could hang around in my living room, everyone else I visited with in the garage/rumpus room.
What a relief when I finally switched. An easily-ignored hum.

AND
The first indoor growbook I read, several months after I started, recommended changing the bulb every year. I had no idea how long that bulb had been used but I know for at least 3 years. I went out and bought a 430-watt full-spectrum bulb and man alive what a difference! It was probably more than twice as bright.

So yogi dc I recommend getting a new bulb for that set-up, and keep the old one for an emergency spare.

I agree. Bulbs lose a lotta' intensity over time, they should be changed out yearly. Though that 'old bulb' may appear reeeeally bright, a new one will astound you, comparitively.
I have a "Maintenance Program". I usually shut down during July, August due to heat issues. So before I re-star in the fall, I change out all bulbs, clean and disinfect, re-paint all reflective surfaces, clean and lube/check fans, ballasts, ect.

The bllast has a soft humm and the blub is new. It came in a new box sealed.the seller said that the bllast had never been used. i already hooked it up. the lights are going to be a good addition to my grow closet. i will start i grow journal for my next grow. this time i did soil next time i going hydro. i already have everything i need for DWC for 4 plants.

thanks weeddog, i got realy lucky when i found it.

Latest posts

Back