I love a happy plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spunom

Reaction score
I just hope I can keep it that way

20211112_180523.jpg

Just transplanted yesterday. It never put it's arms down lol.

I got into the idea while I was reading "Greens probiotic method" on another forum. I suck at watering, so I built two of them.

They are file totes. I like them because the corners have a stop in them so they can be stacked. I cut a hole smaller than the inside diameter of the net pots and zip tied them to the planter. It supports the center well.
20211113_140120.jpg
I doubled up on those to help keep soil in and to leave a little gap between the bottom of the wick and the reservoir.

The fill tube is 1" pvc. A 15/16" drill bit makes a hole with a tight fit for the pvc.

I got a couple hydraulic fittings from work and some rubber tubing for the level gauge. The fitting has an o-ring seal that keeps it water tight.
20211113_140306.jpg

The reservoir holds about 2.5 gallons of water, and the planter can hold 8 gallons.
20211113_140153.jpg
20211113_140541.jpg

The plant is photoperiod. It will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. The strain is called Shock Trauma. Regular seeds so 🤞

I wonder what adding an air stone to the Rez would do
Ive read discussions about this. Pretty much six of one and a half dozen of the other. I keep my fill tube above the water line and the corners aren't air tight so air exchanges, but an air stone would definitely give a better exchange rate. Still...the general concensus (sp?) seems to be it doesn't matter for the most part.

Oh I also leave an inch and some change air gap below the soil.

Hit a growth spurt lol
20211118_185955.jpg20211118_190002.jpg20211118_190008.jpg

I'm concerned tho...

I had put it under the SF1000 at 30+ inches, but the darker spots appeared (idk if you can see them) and it started sagging a bit, so I put it back under this
20211116_175513.jpg.
I added the second one last nite.

But my tips are clawing a bit, and I think it looks a little dark green. I'm thinking the nitrogen is a bit high, along with transplant - then too intense light?

The stalk and stems are still righteously green and it is growing (I think) vigorously.

Is this a noob moment where I need to let it be and not overthink it?

They look fine to me.
I run a sf1000 at about 18-24 inches in my 2x2 veg tent .

Y'all...
I've fucked up so many grows lately lol. I had a nice plant ripening when I bought my house last year. I had it figured to be 3 lids at least. The ride here left the little thing bruised but not broken. For some reason I still don't understand, I harvested it early, and it's been a big regret because EVERY grow since has been no bueno.

The last few attempts have ended badly. Even on this grow... I planted two at the beginning. They both sprouted the same day. The Force mutated from the first set of leaves. I scrapped it and planted another. Wouldn't you know it?? The gd thing did the same thing?!?! So I gave up on those seeds (I reckon I'm not wise in the ways of the Force). I was going to plant another, but I didn't want a three week split (one tent).

I think this little bugger growing here will be my good vibe.

They go from my 2x2 to my 4x4 with an sf 4000
Sweet. I've got my sf and a maxsisun pb1000. I don't think I have enough light for what I'm hoping this grow could give me. I have my SCROG ner built
20211119_194806.jpg

and I'm going to attempt to fill it. I might add my 150w HPS during flower. I figure it will heat up those cold LEDs.

Latest posts

Back