I love big burps

smaccio

Reaction score
Rookie of all rookies here...So I've eased some dried flowers into Mason jars and some into Grove bags to see if I have a preference for one or the other. My buds are loose and airy, so they dried pretty quickly hanging in the shed.

Dutifully, I burped everything this afternoon (I guess you don't technically need to burp Grove bags), and I asked myself, what am I trying to do? Let moist humid air out? Let moist humid air in? And is a burp a 5-second open-and-close or would I want to leave the jars open for a spell? Thoughts from the MP Mind?

pute

Staff member
Reaction score
Good question. I burp as needed. If bud are spongy burp .... If they don't get crispy after burping leave the lids open longer. It is a simple spongy/crispy process. When the buds quit getting spongy the curing process really starts. Continue burping and let the build up gasses release to a point where you can leave the lids closed.

smaccio

Reaction score
You know I couldn't resist a little puff from the harvest, and I am very pleased with the results. I'm sure something will still go wrong. Jar weevils or pink powdery mildew, what have you, but for now we're happy!🤞

WeedHopper

Staff member
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
You know I couldn't resist a little puff from the harvest, and I am very pleased with the results. I'm sure something will still go wrong. Jar weevils or pink powdery mildew, what have you, but for now we're happy!🤞
Jar Weevils and Pink PM:oops: Never seen that in any of my jars ever. WTH?

Bubba

Reaction score
dude , if you have pink mildew on those buds please do not smoke that excrement , it is not good for humans
Even with roundup, cow bell and good mood peee-peee?

Shiver me timbers, I've smoked this glass bong brown. Time for Epsom salts and alky.

Bubba

Africanna

Reaction score
Jar weevils? Where would they come from?

ROSTERMAN

Helping EVIL People Disappear .
Staff member
Reaction score
Good question. I burp as needed. If bud are spongy burp .... If they don't get crispy after burping leave the lids open longer. It is a simple spongy/crispy process. When the buds quit getting spongy the curing process really starts. Continue burping and let the build up gasses release to a point where you can leave the lids closed.
Pute when you are burping do you keep a small humidity meter in the jars? I use the small cheap ones , I just bought another dozen like 14 dollars. I dry to about 62 and Boveda bag em up.

pute

Staff member
Reaction score
Pute when you are burping do you keep a small humidity meter in the jars? I use the small cheap ones , I just bought another dozen like 14 dollars. I dry to about 62 and Boveda bag em up.
No, I do it by crispy/spongy. I could do it in the dark. I know what my buds feel like....no need for gadgets.

What the farg is a jar weevil? Must be from some foreign country. Don't have them in these parts.....

bigsur51

Reaction score
No, I do it by crispy/spongy. I could do it in the dark. I know what my buds feel like....no need for gadgets.

What the farg is a jar weevil? Must be from some foreign country. Don't have them in these parts.....

after doing this for 376 years , it’s all done by touch , feel , sight , and smell

we are burping turkey bags and totes now

F258FC20-057E-4DE3-9EFF-D571E343E168.jpeg