I may have screwed the pooch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCkush

Mr. Ruckus Himself
Reaction score
So I've had these seeds that I finally termed and got into some pots. They've been bathing in sunlight for 4 days and I got a little curious and somewhat worried that they were a couple duds. To my surprise one has about an inch taproot and the other maybe around a half. Now does the fact that I uprooted them mean that ruined them or are they still good to go. Soil is nice and moist not wet and they looked healthy. They still had the seed case. Is that ok? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-DCkushin it

Did you pull them out?
Leave those embryos alone. They will probably be fine.

F*ck... I did:). Screwed em didn't I? Haha.

Wait, out of the seed casings, no. Soil yes.

Bad bad bad. Patience comes in really handy when your growing marijuana. Just don't poke, dig, etc at all anymore. No one knows but the seed. Good luck. You learned. Your curiosity is a good thing, I guess. I am trying to leave this on a positive note. Hang in.

Rosebud said:
Bad bad bad. Patience comes in really handy when your growing marijuana. Just don't poke, dig, etc at all anymore. No one knows but the seed. Good luck. You learned. Your curiosity is a good thing, I guess. I am trying to leave this on a positive note. Hang in.

Haha. Thanks rosey! Very right and i appreciate it. Now is this bad because the root is very sensitive at this point?

DCkush said:
Haha. Thanks rosey! Very right and i appreciate it. Now is this bad because the root is very sensitive at this point?

Yes the root is very sensitive. But I would hazard a guess that you are ok, providing you put the seedling right back, and it did not have time to dry out. But there is only one way to find out.

HomieHogleg

A whole lot of nothing rosebud. But I'm waiting it out to see. Hope the pull through. I'd be looking at some pineapple and strawberry diesel. Thanks homiehogleg for the input.

-Dc

I would think you have a good chance of them surviving, assuming you were gentle and didn't damage anything. Some people germ seeds in papertowels and wait 'till they have a good 1/2" or 1" of taproot showing before putting them into the soil. If they have success, you should at least have a shot! :aok:

Edit: shouldn't type while medicating! :fly:

Latest posts

Back