I need a little help here folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKlonedRanger

Reaction score
I've always been bad at diagnosing problems, and this one has me stumped.

Here's what I know. I had a pH meter calibration issue. I don't know how long it was going on, but I think about a week, so 3 waterings or so. I calibrated it, and flushed with straight RO water.

Here's what I think also happened. I think I had some new pots that didn't get cleaned out before a transplant, and something was on the pots, and caused some serious issues. My pre-98 bk katsu cut turned yellow and the stems turned bright red, fan leaves started dying off and then it hermied. Same thing with my third dimension keeper.

Soil - pro-mix fpx mixed with fox farm ocean forest (50/50 mix) when the pics say regular soil. Chef's super soil where the pics say super soil.

Lights - next light mega LED's in room #1, and gavita 1700 LED in room #2

Nutrients for regular soil - Nectar for the Gods Greek regimen.

Gelato regular soil:
Gelato Regular Soil.jpg

Gelato regular soil stems:
Gelato Regular Soil Stem.jpg

Gelato leaf super soil
Gelato Super Soil.jpg

C99 regular soil

C99 Regular Soil.jpg

The C99 and Gelato regular soil are in room #2, and the gelato super soil is in room #1. I'm just at a loss here at what could be happening.

Attachments

• greek-regimen-2018-white.pdf
    983.5 KB · Views: 22
Overfed, severely pot bound, and acidic soil. View from here anyways...

You need to do a pH correction flush until your runoff is back in range, feed lightly like 1/2 strength or less on the final flush, let dry out pretty well, and then get them into bigger pots with fresh soil immediately.
You're really locked out from it looks like both pH and overfert.
I know I sound like a broken record but this is why I suggest keeping some GH Micro around to foliar feed in emergencies like this where the roots are fried.
They're not beyond saving so that's a start. Good luck!

Thanks everyone, that was kind of my thoughts. I'll start with another flush for the c99 and see if I can get that back in range. Good news is that it isn't hitting all plants, and I've only got about 10 of them that are being hit like that. Everything else seems good and growing fine. Those are the older plants that I never transplanted because they never rebounded enough.

How are you testing PH? Quality Meter?

Two types of calibration solution is best.

What was the ph of the ro?

You can retest now if u got the calibration u set wraps and see if that was a contributing factor.

You really need to test runoff too after adding anything.

Did you use any dolomite lime?

Probably a lack of buffer.

How are you storing your meter ?

How often u calibrate?

Hang on... ro water? Are you using it only for flushing or for all your watering? If so, regardless of fertilizer system, you MUST add CalMag to your water, every time you water . To elaborate on what toa brought up re: lime, it's added to promix but quickly used up. Quicker, if you're not adding minerals, or if your water is too acidic. The peat in the promix will tank your pH over time. And promix or not, plants need the calcium found in surface waters.

The problem may look catastrophic, however ,,,,,get that ph right , mutiple lookouts have accrued. ....roots are damaged as well ,get that plant away from ur powerful grow light ,possible foliar feed may be in order ....keep under week lighting ,till plant shows signs of recovery ....kk

“Dead as Good Friday , miss.”

-GONY

I kinda forgot about this thread. We just recently opened up 1500 sq ft. in our warehouse and I've been slammed getting the room filled up. I removed a few extra steps that I felt were causing my issues, and after a good flushing, things are better for those plants. No more RO filter, no more messing with cal/mag. Basically I implemented the K.I.S.S method - keep it simple, stupid. Thanks for all the help!!

My bigger grow ops were in about 1500 sq ft....pulled a lot of bud. Good luck to you!

Latest posts

Back