I need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spunom

Reaction score
There's sooo much growing knowledge scattered around here, but sometimes folks need advice on everyday things. For instance...

I live on the hem of tv reception. I am running both a UHF (directional) and VHF (omnidirectional) anttenas at about 25 feet high situated less than 1 foot apart (UHF above VHF). I get good signal from them, but I'd like to be able to pick up both Louisville and Lexington.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good, long range, directional antenna for fringe reception, and at what height it should be? I'm l leaning toward a Yagi, but was wondering if there might be better?

76137B46-5EF6-4D0B-8C5B-C00D698EE881.gif

So.. it appears the quad antennas are good for VHF/HAM radio reception, but not as much for UHF. All but one tower "near" me are UHF.

I'm down to comparison between the Yagi style - narrow azimuth but excellent range, and the bowtie - 8 bay seems to have good range and a wider reception range. I'm leaning toward the 8 bay bowtie.

Latest posts

Back