I need help..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey09

Reaction score
I have 2 plant that are about 3 weeks old. I also have two other plants that are 8 days old. I do not know the strain, I just picked them from a good bag of bud. Here is the problem. My plants have grown really slow th whole process. They are only a couple of inches tall and the only thing that seems to change is how yellow they get. Heres what I know..
- The room is about 6 Cubic feet
- I am using 2 EconuLux cool white 20w fluros: 1200 lumens, 4100k (with a homemade foil hood), 1 Grow Lux 20W bulb, and 1 15W aquarium bulb.
- The plants sit about 1 3/4" - 2 1/2" from the light
- I use room temp tap water that has sat for at least 24 hours with a ph around 7.2
- The temperature in the box is from 78-88 degrees.
- The humidity is always around 40-45%
- I use miracle grow time release potting mix (.21-.07.-14)
- I have an exhaust fan that I turn on with a timer every 4 hours for 20 mins

The plants started out great, but quickly lost momentum. The all of the leaves just seemed like they were trying to come out of the center at once, no lateral or vertical growth of the stem. The plant barely moved for about 3 days, but they looked healthy. Then for about 2 days growing commenced only to be stopped again. This time the leaves were starting to turn yellow. I tried to cut the first small set of leaves off with plant #2 because it seemed as it was doing the worse... I think it is probably the soil I am using, I would geuss it is giving off too much food for the plants to handle. I am at a loss... im pretty sure these plants are gonners, but i dont want it to happen again. Any advice appreciated

1st.JPG

2nd.JPG

3rd.JPG

Setup Veiw #1.JPG

Setup Veiw #2.JPG

Setup Veiw #3.JPG

:ciao: IMO PH is too high get it down to 6.5to6.8 they will be fine..I use to buy disstilled at store it is great..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

ok this is just my thoughts, a few things. I have heard nothing good about MG soil and you were exactly right about to much nutes at first. Your PH should absolutely be 6.5 PH(or as close as possible). i would run the fan 24/7 the more fresh air the better, the only reason u should ever have to turn it off is if the temp is to low(try to stay away from 85+). Also u dont need to let the water sit out it wont make a difference. the light should be good and distance is fine

So how do I go about lowering the ph of the water? If I leave the fan on temps go to about 65-75 degrees and the humidity drops... so im not sure about that. I think i will try to drop the ph first.

You might be having a problem with the time release potting mix. Too much nutes for the little ones. I dont use any nutes til they are about 2 weeks old.

I feed mine 250 ppm's straight out of the cloner. You need the proper pH before you can do anything.

Reactions: D3
It looks as tho ill be buying some ph up and ph down, along with some better soil tonight after work. Thanks

Mikey09 said:
It looks as tho ill be buying some ph up and ph down, along with some better soil tonight after work. Thanks

if you have to use mg, use organic choice, its a little more costly but works a lot better. i tryed the mg w/nutes and its not good for mj. i now use fox farm stuff. jmo hope that helps :)

So do you guys think if i switched the soil now it would be worth it? I am going to get better soil tonight and things for ph. Should i just start over?

might try repotting them instead of starting over :)

You can flush them with water phed at 6.0 til the water coming out is at 6.2.......they will be fine in a few days. There is absolutely no need for ph up....save the ten dollars, or buy a second bottle of ph down

really Darth. My RO water right now has a pH of 4.9 right now. I too thought I would never even open my bottle. But what I have found is that my city's water has different pH levels throughout the year.

yea seems like a ph. problem, go to ur local pet store n find ph adjuster for fish tanks, i use 6.5, all u do is add 1 tsp. to a gallon or ur watering water... then check wit ph tester.. not the rapidtest with the stick, it dont wotk!!!

Budking said:
ok this is just my thoughts, a few things. I have heard nothing good about MG soil and you were exactly right about to much nutes at first. Your PH should absolutely be 6.5 PH(or as close as possible). i would run the fan 24/7 the more fresh air the better, the only reason u should ever have to turn it off is if the temp is to low(try to stay away from 85+). Also u dont need to let the water sit out it wont make a difference. the light should be good and distance is fine

BUDKING, i thought that letting the h2o sit for 24 hrs was so that chlorine from the tap h2o would evaporate?

SSH

Latest posts

Back