I need parents' opinions on this one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately kids today spend to much time on the internet. We as a country are getting soft. Not only that.....what the fock are they being taught in school.....ain't reading, writing and arithmetic. My daughter is 41 and got a good education in HS....brainwashed in college but, her dad (me) wouldn't allow her to think that way....she is a chip off the old block.

Old saying I believe in......."If you can you do, if you can't you teach". College professors make me want to puke. Lazy basturds.

zem .. my youngest grand daughter who is 11 has her own 22, crossbow, longbow, roller skates, skateboard .. .. she's very capable in her future life with a lot of badges of scrapes and scratches and with cry's and whimpers because her father was taught the same way.

You do the same. Her dad and I also let her shoot 20, 12 gages and an AR15 .. So, you take responsibility and become capable of showing to your daughter she too can become very capable of surviving scrapes, scratches and cry's surviving life with a smile .. not being derogatory to you zem, but just relaying what my Dad and Mom taught me.
Yes Sir
I had my own 22 at 11 and could shoot and clean 25 rabbits a night (whoops) but I supplied enough food to feed a few families while Dad worked 3 jobs.
Got my 1st Deer same rifle a yr later

Unfortunately kids today spend to much time on the internet. We as a country are getting soft. Not only that.....what the fock are they being taught in school.....ain't reading, writing and arithmetic. My daughter is 41 and got a good education in HS....brainwashed in college but, her dad (me) wouldn't allow her to think that way....she is a chip off the old block.

Old saying I believe in......."If you can you do, if you can't you teach". College professors make me want to puke. Lazy basturds.
I really object to that. I'm an engineer but I became a teacher. I wrote the entire IT curriculum and the whole course for 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. I taught them to code, and how industrial controls work. 6 months ago I got a call from the father of one of my ex students, thanking me for teaching his son Information Technology. He now has a pretty fine job working for Google in San Francisco.

I bought Pullet her first rifle, a cricket .22, when she was 6. She got her first handgun, a Beretta, when she was 11. Rifles don't work for her anymore because she's right handed but is left eye dominant, but she still kicks ass with a handgun.
I wanted to gouge out her left eye but the Old Hen wouldn't let me. Said it was going to be hard enough getting a spoiled two eyed gal married off.

Reactions: zem
I bought Pullet her first rifle, a cricket .22, when she was 6. She got her first handgun, a Beretta, when she was 11. Rifles don't work for her anymore because she's right handed but is left eye dominant, but she still kicks ass with a handgun.
I wanted to gouge out her left eye but the Old Hen wouldn't let me. Said it was going to be hard enough getting a spoiled two eyed gal married off.
Well you did name her Pullet Didn;t you

Reactions: zem
I took them to the beach today and there was also a pool, and a play area. Kids are attracted to the beach, sand, and gathering seashells. It is when they have very little choice held indoors for hours, when they choose to watch tv or play video games.

Buy the skates and all the protective gear and let it roll.... ( with you there teaching of course!)

Awesome man.... kids are amazing.

Congratulations and have fun raising them!

They grow up way Way WAY TO FAST.

Why are you so dramatic? Let your child do what makes her happy/ There is nothing wrong with her falling and breaking her knees. Remembering my childhood antics, i'm surprised how i survived. I became a foster parent 2 years ago thanks to the agency Foster Plus: Home. There i learned that it is nit necessary to forbid the child to fall but it is necessary to teach him to get up and move on. I allow my wards to make mistakes cause this is the skill they will need in adulthood. No need to make your child a closed person. No matter how much we love our children, we should learn that they are not our property.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back