I need some actual growers answers-ORGANICS- AND WATER!!!???!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohiogrower420

Reaction score
So I have this auto water system also I have fabric pots with living soils from buildasoil coming for my GROW so instead of steaking these at the top I plan to steak them in the center at the bottom allowing the fabric pots to kinda set in the water somewhat dispersing it evenly and I plan on testing soil humidity with cheap meters but I struggled last time to keep soil evenly most and things like knowing how much water to water the soil but I think will add some ease..

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_193447.jpg
    IMG_20200802_193447.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200802_193430.jpg
    IMG_20200802_193430.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 18
Is your question just about water distribution? If so I’m not sure you would do too much better in the side than the top. If you have a few bucks to spare the floro caps and similar are basically nice manifolds that sit on top and help out with just that

Is your question just about water distribution? If so I’m not sure you would do too much better in the side than the top. If you have a few bucks to spare the floro caps and similar are basically nice manifolds that sit on top and help out with just that
The bottom where it would kidof pool up and most soil organic growers in fabric Potts like me water the tray it's in

you might consider to diy a drip irrigation ring---super easy even watering from the top---plants sitting in water is no bueno and will cause you issues

Fabric pots work really well, just love them.. but do not keep them in watering trays.. used them and will again, but they really need dry feet. I wound up buying some stuff to make me a fake floor to set them on.. picture milk crates with the bottoms cut off.. also, Lowes sells grates for fluorescent lights that work awesome and are cheap enough..

I found this for my little 24" x 30" flooring and it works great.. come with these little feet so you can raise it up an inch, more if you double stack them.. very cool and comes out easily for cleaning.. run mine thru the dishwasher after each grow... lol.
my flooring.png

If they are going to be setting in water,,soil is not going to work and the water has to be moving. I have a friend that uses kids swimming pools. He grows in lave rocks. Has a big barrel that his solution is Mixed in. Water circulates from barrel to pool. He grows some monsters.

Methods of growing cannabis is as different as the many peeps that grow it. Mine I've been told won't work, but yet I've also been told that my weed is as good as any being sold. Don't know much, except it works for me. I've been growing in a room in my garage for about 9 years. Never had a bug problem. I do not use other peeps clones, only grow from seed. I use soft plastic containers with handles that I drill holes in the bottom and half way up the sides. I put 2 clay saucers in the pot and I only water from the bottom after the plants are established in the 4 1/2 gallon pots. I did down size from 5 1/2 gallon pots as my root balls tend to be on the small size because the roots cling to the clay saucers to get all they need, moisture and nutrient wise. Need to say that I use Advanced Organic Nutrients and grow in Sunshine Mix #4.

On the topic of auto watering systems - anyone have experience with the Blumat System ?

Last edited:
AladinSane, you've stated it exactly bro. If you have found something that works for you and your happy with the results, don't change anything. Everybody's needs to find their own groove.. I was bad in my younger years of always chasing the next best thing.. I realized this after a few years of sporadic success...

This past year learning how to grow in tents and switching to LED's had it's learning curve, after a few grows, a few
diff lights.. I think it's finally dialed in... here they are at 30 days into flowering.... 4 diff strains, 6 plants total..

20200730_075906 (2).jpg

Carty, thanks bro for the words of encourgement. You are right, to each, his own goes a long way in the growing of cannabis. How can someone say this or that will not work without trying it yourself. I have been growing in my small room for 9 years with NO bugs EVER. My actual grow space is 7' X 3' by 7' tall. I use 4 / 200 watt white LED's.

The obvious problem with letting pots sit in water is root rot. The idea is not so far removed from Dutch buckets. I assume that the op is letting the feet and pot dry out b4 pouring more water in. The fabric pots are def the cats pajamas. I used to use smart pots but found them to be a problem if you lost the bottoms. If using fabric pots be sure to get the ones with handles even on the 1 gallon pots they are invaluable:D

2b2s

On the topic of auto watering systems - anyone have experience with the Blumat System ?

I don’t have them but I’m taking a close look at them for when I want or need to leave for a bit. Lots of good reviews from growers on another forum, many do not feed through it, just water and add nutes separately. For me that may be a good option as I’ve been looking more into super soils and amendments anyway

I am no the same page - I just harvested my first grow. -hand watered my tent - I really enjoyed the interaction with the plants but next grow I might need to step away for a week or so - I will try the Blumat and super soil that is water only (for the most part ) - on to the second grow -

QUOTE="Oldbay, post: 1091867, member: 60580"]
I don’t have them but I’m taking a close look at them for when I want or need to leave for a bit. Lots of good reviews from growers on another forum, many do not feed through it, just water and add nutes separately. For me that may be a good option as I’ve been looking more into super soils and amendments anyway
[/QUOTE]

They are a pita to get dialed in, but once you have the carrots working how you want they are pretty good. I only used mine once while away on a 2 week vacation, it performed flawlessly. It took me almost 2 weeks to get it dialed in on 30 plants but I didn't have to have anyone babysit my girls:D

2b2s

That’s reassuring- how many carrots did you have per plant ?

They are a pita to get dialed in, but once you have the carrots working how you want they are pretty good. I only used mine once while away on a 2 week vacation, it performed flawlessly. It took me almost 2 weeks to get it dialed in on 30 plants but I didn't have to have anyone babysit my girls:D

2b2s
I'm using carrots for these 6 fabric pot living soil

Only 1 carrot per 1 gallon fabric pot 5 carrots per 55 gallon drum of weak nutrient solution, just flipped room so basically 30 - 1ft tall clones, if using for an entire veg cycle I would probably use 1 per gallon pot size so in a 7 gallon pot I would have 7 carrots:D

2b2s

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back