I need some advice .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokozontai

Reaction score
Hello everybody . My plant is now (aprox.) week 6 .
Like 10 days ago bottom leaves started to manifest something weird . They get a weird looking yellow color and the tips are getting dark .
The strain of my plant is unknown to me but i know its a predominately sativa (Its 2 meters tall now) . It was grown outside in a pot . WHen warm weather started to change into cold , ive moved it inside my room , established enough lights and a fan so she can continue developing those buds . The problem is this morning when ive started the lights , the light bulbs overloaded some circuits and they melted so i cant really continue with my indoor enviornment ive established . THe main question is : Do the buds look ok ?
2nd question : is the problem with the bottom leaves natural or should be a reason of serious concern .

Having a long flowering strain is really hard to bear , especially if you dont have the space for it and if the natural enviornment changes into something that cant provide all a flowering plant needs. Ive tried some of the buds . They are potent enough to get me high as long as i use an entire bud for a joint .

View attachment Fotografie1700.jpg

View attachment Fotografie1701.jpg

View attachment Fotografie1702.jpg

View attachment Fotografie1703.jpg

View attachment Fotografie1704.jpg

Maybe a phosphorus def and you also might have spider mites. That is my guess, do you have a microscope to check.

Okay, stop taking test buds because this plant needs more flowering time for sure. Is the plant 6 weeks into flower? Is it from seed or a clone?
Second, can you post a pic of the whole plant and not just close ups? It is quite common and I would dare say the norm for the lower leaves to get beat the hell up and look quite crappy. Most of us remove the bottom 1/4 of the plant before the flip to flower anyway.
If you can't provide enough lumens indoors to finish this plant your only other option would be to let her finish outdoors. I personally don't like the idea of bringing any outdoor plants inside because they also bring bugs and other problems with them.

Oh and you are correct, she is very Sativa leaning which means a longer flowering time most of the time. jmo

My oh my she is a long legged lady. She don't look half bad for being so big. Not sure how you will be able to get her the light she needs indoors. Finishing her outside might be your only option. I don't see CFL's getting it done. Would need some HPS lights and a place to get her 12 hours of uninterrupted dark.

My oh my she is a long legged lady. She don't look half bad for being so big. Not sure how you will be able to get her the light she needs indoors. Finishing her outside might be your only option. I don't see CFL's getting it done. Would need some HPS lights and a place to get her 12 hours of uninterrupted dark.

Thats why i hate the fact that ive planted a seed without knowing anything about it . It all started like a big "lets see how it goes" .If i knew that that particular seed needs that much time to finish up her flowering period i wouldnt have planted it in the 1st place. Now its too late to change anything . I just feel i need to dance till the music stops. She had a sunny summer . The reason for moving her inside is that it got a little cold here . No.2 is paranoia . I dont feel comfortable when i have a christmas tree in my backyard (and btw , i live downtown not in some unihabited forest) .

I don't blame you for being paranoid and safety should always come first. You can always look at this as a great learning experience and take away from it the fact that you did a pretty good job with her. Then make a plan for your next run. Get yourself some known genetics so you know what you are growing, gather your lights and other needed equipment if you are going to do this indoors. Oh and read as much as you can and ask whatever questions you have. We are here to help.

I'm with Hamster, she really looks like she has a long way to go yet--maybe 4 weeks or so. Can you find another place to put her that has an electrical circuit that will handle the extra load?

One of the reasons that I encourage people to buy from a reputable seed bank is so that you know what you are getting.

I just took a second look at that plant and it appears to me to possibly be toxic buildup. What kind of nutes have you been using and how often. Have you ever flushed the soil to clear out build up?

I have an update . I guess shes getting worse . In two days , since i ve moved her back in in my yard , trichomes are becoming dried . If you scroll up youll notice how white the buds were a few days ago . Now , most of them are getting amber . Im not sure thats ok . The picture below was taken a few minutes ago .

View attachment 1.jpg

I just took a second look at that plant and it appears to me to possibly be toxic buildup. What kind of nutes have you been using and how often. Have you ever flushed the soil to clear out build up?

Last time i gave her a flush was yestarday . And before that it was like 10 days ago . The nute im giving her now is a 4-6-8 and im feeding her like once every 1.5/2 weeks .

I am worried that they were somehow pollinated by a male or hermie, check it out

Hmmm might be .. Found a seed yesterday in one of my buds . The thing is this is the only cannabis plant that I have . :vapleaf:

:shocked: Hermie Alert!

Oh my ! As much as I know , the bad thing about a herm cannabis plant is that the energy and resources are spent for creating the seed and all that efort is wasted on that instead of going to the thc production . Does it mean that there will be no increase in bud potency from now on ? Pardon my ignorance .

Oh my ! As much as I know , the bad thing about a herm cannabis plant is that the energy and resources are spent for creating the seed and all that efort is wasted on that instead of going to the thc production . Does it mean that there will be no increase in bud potency from now on ? Pardon my ignorance .

no it does not affect the entire plant if you got a few seeds on a few buds. however, inspect your plant closely and locate the hermies if there are any and remove them, minimize the loss until harvest. is it possible that they were pollinated from a neighbor's grow? or an old male leftovers? inspect your plant to know what's going on good luck

It may or may not be an issue. If you actually ffound a seed in the growing bud then either there is a male somewhere around a half mile away that put some pollin on the wind, or you have a couple "nanners" popping out. The nanner is a male part that is caused by the "herm" trait coming out in the plant. It may not be real bad. You may only have a couple/few nanners which could give you a few seeds but not many as the nanners don't pollinate a lot unless there are a lot of them. If you look over your buds and there are many nanners present, you will see little yellow things that look like a tiny banana sticking out in the buds. If you only have a select few then you may not be able to find them, but they will only pollinate the calyxes closest to them.

Latest posts

Back