I need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobertson

Reaction score
can any one give me a idea on how many ppm should be used when starting just germinated seeds in rock wool, I soaked my rockwool cubes in a ph'd"6.3 and ppm at 325, is this to strong? I want to plant the germinated seeds tonight, :confused: please help!!! thanks jr

yes, it needs to be lower. flush the cubes with water phd to 5 or below. then gently resoak at 6-6.3. seeds can and will burn very easily- and if not can/will create some seriously deformed seedlings which are just as bad as no seedlings at all.

325 isnt too bad, but will definetely decrease your germination ratio. and male/female ratio. alot will depend on your strain and genetics, but is risky regardless at 325.

in your case it is easy to change. with little effect on the seeds- i would do it if i were u- but dont worry too much if u dont get around to it.

good luck

jrobertson said:
can any one give me a idea on how many ppm should be used when starting just germinated seeds in rock wool, I soaked my rockwool cubes in a ph'd"6.3 and ppm at 325, is this to strong? I want to plant the germinated seeds tonight, :confused: please help!!! thanks jr

Ur cool dude...ur ph could be a lil lower... 5.8-6.2 is traditionally safe.. i veg 5.6-5.8.
NEVER condition or soak rockwool in under ph5 water... it breaks down the wool and can create huge ph swings.

I did soak the cubes again in 6-3 ph'd water no added nutrients, only soaked the cubes for three hours, then went ahead and planted the little sprouts, I sure hope we don't wind up with a bunch of boys!! Also should I water with just straight ph'd water until the plants are up then start the nutrients? Thanks for the replys.. This does get nerve racking when things don't go right, but that the way it is for greenhorns.. bye jr:confused:

haha, there are already huge ph fluxs with rockwool! -jokingly arguing :) and we dont know if he is going soilless or not yet

never add nutes to seeds or seedlings- even if you are going soilless you dont want to water the rockwool directly with nutes with seedlings.

it depends on whether you are going soil or soilless. what is your medium you will be using?

if you are using purified water you shouldnt ph it at all really. unless its maybe some off brand or something- ive never seen any purified water that has a unacceptable ph level.

with no added nutes your ppm should def be down again. but make sure you check it- if going soilless, you will not need that stuff until ATLEAST growth has surpassed the doof leaves. if going into soil you wont need it at all until the plant has put on some girth :eek:

yeah, let them grow into the cubes a bit until they have a few nodes... then give em the nutes real light... and up the strength each time if they take it w/o burning.

Latest posts

Back