I need some help with leaf problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeStar21

Reaction score
After I water my plants the leaf go pretty vertical like at a 60 degree angle is that normal. Also some of the leaf tips on one of my plants are curling down what could be causing this. Thanks for replies

SmokeStar21 said:
After I water my plants the leaf go pretty vertical like at a 60 degree angle is that normal. Also some of the leaf tips on one of my plants are curling down what could be causing this. Thanks for replies
The leaf movement could be several things. What type of light are you using and how far from the plants is the light? Do you have ventilation? Are you using a fan? What are you watering with? What strength mix are you using? You may be over watering or perhaps underwatering. If your nutrient is too strong, it could cause the leaf tip curling. It could also be the ph of your water. Use distilled water if you're in doubt until you can get a ph meter. If you're growing in dirt, use a half strength mixture of your nutrient. Full strength builds in the soil and becomes toxic to the plants.

It might be a good idea to flush your plant with fresh, no nutrient water for about a week. After a couple of days, tell me what the plant is doing. Pictures if you can.

If the plants are still viable, we'll bring em back.

Doc Stoney at yer service!

here are some pics. I have a fan in their for circulation. I also have 2 more for ventilation one at the top and one at the bottom of the door. I am going into the 4th week of flowering. I water with foxfarm organic bloom tiger( I think). They reside in 5 gallon soil containers. Foxfarm ocean forest soil. I water like 4 cups. Normally every 2-3 days. Just whenever the soil is dry. I just use tap water to water them right now. I was also using some B-1 becuase I had to transplant to bigger pots like 3 1/2 weeks ago b/c they were rootbound. I also throw in soil seaweed extract like once a week.

DSCF0016x.JPG

DSCF0011x.JPG

it look like it may be suffering from mag def. try and water with a tbls of epsom salt to a gallon of warm water . and foliage feed it same way for a couple of days and see if that solves it .

I hate unfinished threads.... they are absolutely worthless! I am having this very same problem. It took me forever to find someone with the same problem and i finally do and its in an unresolved thread thats a year old... errrr! My plant look almost exactly like the ones pictured above. I tried fixing it with epsom salt but it persists. Im at a loss. Does anybody know at what PH level magnesium begins to lock out? Maybe im having a PH issue.

Alvarez said:
I hate unfinished threads.... they are absolutely worthless! I am having this very same problem. It took me forever to find someone with the same problem and i finally do and its in an unresolved thread thats a year old... errrr! My plant look almost exactly like the ones pictured above. I tried fixing it with epsom salt but it persists. Im at a loss. Does anybody know at what PH level magnesium begins to lock out? Maybe im having a PH issue.

If your ph is in the right range you will be okay.. only when u get way off will it affect nething.
Post a pic of what is wrong... tell us all about ur grow.. and someone should be able to help u easier.

there is a "PH and nutrient uptake" chart sticky here, either in the indoor or outdoor forum.

Latest posts

Back