I need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockydog

Grower at Heart
Reaction score
I need some help.
I think I have a N def. The tips of some leaves are curling down and are getting yellow tips and/or yellow spots. It is not time to feed them until wed morning. Will they be alright until them or should I do some foliage watering. also would carbonated water help it?

"tips curling under".."yellow tips/spots", sounds more like over nitrification than an N defficiency rocky.
Leaves are a uniform yellow or light green; leaves die & drop; growth is slow. Leaf margins are not curled-up noticeably. >> Nitrogen (N) deficiency.

Leaves are dark green or red/purple. Stems and petioles may have purple & red on them. Leaves may turn yellow or curl under. Leaf may drop easily. Growth may be slow and
leaves may be small. >> Phosphorous (P) deficiency.

Tips of leaves are yellow, brown, or dead. Plant otherwise looks healthy & green. Stems may be soft >> Over-fertilization (especially N), over-watering, damaged roots, or
insufficient soil aeration (use more sand or perlite. Occasionally due to not enough N, P, or K.

Leaves are curled under like a ram's horn, and are dark green, gray,
brown, or gold. >> Over-fertilization (too much N).

so what should I do, just use water next time I feed and will they be ok until then. Will the damaged parts repair itself or should I trim it off?

After further reading, could the damage be from some root damage i had a week and 3 days ago?

sorry rocky, I thought I replied t this yesterday..:(
I reckon it 'could' be as a result of root damage, but after a week+, I would think they should be recovering rather than exhibiting more symptoms.
the age old question.."Have you checked your ph?"..A reading of the water you use, a reading after adding nutes, and a reading of the runoff from the pot. Then check the PH chart posted.
If you flush, flush with water adjusted to 6.5-6.8.

ive heard of people using hydrogen peroxide to water there plants because its just like water but with an extra oxygen molecule so the roots receive a boost of oxygen

The peroxide is used by a fair amount of hydro growers, I don't know how well the gasses will pass through the soil, probably can't hurt though.
A couple of notes on this, peroxide is good for putting O2 and Co2 into the mix with hydro (and probably soil) but it's also a good way to clean out your system, a good concentration of 30% H.P. will kill all kinds of stuff in a hydro system, it will probably do the same in soil if you have any nasties in there. The down side is if you are using some good organic stuff with micros and enzymes and stuff you may very well kill the beneficial microbes and bacterium.
Also, if you use anything stronger than what comes in a bottle from the drug store (3%), do not get it on you! That stuff burned the hell outta my hand (30%).

thanks for the tips, i can only check my ph in soil, only have that kinda tester. it is between 7-7.5 will this be ok, I may have over fed 5 drops superthrive and just under 1/4 strength of FF big grow. this was the first time they rcvd the nutes and 3rd time for superthrive. (used prior to transplanting) I did notice my tallest plant (twice the size of other 3) has started to form a calyx near the top growths and there are 2 little hairs sticking out.:D

your ph is a bit high, should be around 6.5-6.8 for dirt. Quit the ST. IMHO...there in lies your problem

Latest posts

Back